• ALL USERS: please familiarise yourself with the MSO Forum Rules (updated 03/08/20). The link to the rules is the first in the forum list.
  • UCAT PREP COMPANY DISCUSSION: Site administrators have implemented a rule that states there is to be NO mention of UCAT prep companies. This includes discussion, recommendations, questions, and reviews, and extends to allusions, acronyms, and other other attempts to get around the rule. Offending content will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions - 2021 Entry

I'm already in Sydney so I wouldn't have to spend too much time/money getting to WSU for an interview. I hadn't thought of attending it for practise though lol 😳
You said you completed yr 12 in HK, are you an international student? The atar/IB threshold for international students applying for WSU med is 93.5/36. But I'm not sure if JMP allows international students to directly apply for medicine without completing their foundation program.

LMG!

Staff Member of the Year 2019
I doubt it's accurate to compare UMAT or UCAT. They are different exams.
It doesn’t really have much to do with the content of the exams, but rather the interview invite and offer spots available (which is why percentile ranks do offer some degree of useful comparison). That said, 2019 interviews were based on UCAT as well, anyway, so unless a university changes how they use UCAT scores to determine interview invites (they may do due to Covid/other reasons), then the 2019 interview data will be a useful indicator.

missyallie

You said you completed yr 12 in HK, are you an international student? The atar/IB threshold for international students applying for WSU med is 93.5/36. But I'm not sure if JMP allows international students to directly apply for medicine without completing their foundation program.
I'm international too and I doubt JMP allows direct international entry. From what I know.

Not international, I'm an Australian citizen, so domestic. Just used to live in Hong Kong, so my threshold is 95.5/38.