Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions: 2022 Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finishing UCAT, I’m just wondering what I should do for the next 4 months to get as prepared as possible for interviews. I recently got a job at IGA along with volunteering stuff just to get more customer contact so I can kinda practice my interview skills while I’m scanning their groceries. But, I jsut don’t know how to tackle the next 4 months most effectively. If anyone could provide any guidance on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m also on a gap year so also have my ATAR already so it’s just interview that isn’t set in stone

cheers,
Flynn

Last edited by a moderator:
After finishing UCAT, I’m just wondering what I should do for the next 4 months to get as prepared as possible for interviews. I recently got a job at IGA along with volunteering stuff just to get more customer contact so I can kinda practice my interview skills while I’m scanning their groceries. But, I jsut don’t know how to tackle the next 4 months most effectively. If anyone could provide any guidance on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m also on a gap year so also have my ATAR already so it’s just interview that isn’t set in stone

cheers,
Flynn
Have you had a look through the resources shared and/or developed here already? There is the interview portal (Medstudent - Interview Portal) and various threads where people attempt interview-type questions and others provide feedback. There are myriad options for undertaking interview prep.

I tried looking for the data from the 2021 Entry Interview invite data collection for the ucat/atar requirements for BMP (bonded) spots at universities in australia and couldnt find any. Could someone link me the data for BMP entries for the aus unis please?

I tried looking for the data from the 2021 Entry Interview invite data collection for the ucat/atar requirements for BMP (bonded) spots at universities in australia and couldnt find any. Could someone link me the data for BMP entries for the aus unis please?
BMP/CSP only comes into play at offer stage, not at interview stage, that’s why there’s no data.

Could someone link me the data for BMP entries for the aus unis please?
Interview invites are unrelated to bonded/unbonded. That's only determined at the place offer stage. View the Offers collated data threads you should see bonded vs unbonded.

BMP/CSP only comes into play at offer stage, not at interview stage, that’s why there’s no data.
ahh i see... thank you for clarifiying

Interview invites are unrelated to bonded/unbonded. That's only determined at the place offer stage. View the Offers collated data threads you should see bonded vs unbonded.
thank you, i understand now!

cheers,
Flynn
same here except I'm in final year of high school. I really want to start preparing because with the end of UCAT it feels like the final barrier to overcome but I don't really know where to begin.

I've been reading some specific university forums (like the unsw one) and i'm really concerned with how important the interview will be in terms of offers?! has it been the block for many high scorers before? major concern

As nz citizen i heard that my cie atar conversion is only valid for 1 year so i suppose i only have one shot at this :')

same here except I'm in final year of high school. I really want to start preparing because with the end of UCAT it feels like the final barrier to overcome but I don't really know where to begin.

I've been reading some specific university forums (like the unsw one) and i'm really concerned with how important the interview will be in terms of offers?! has it been the block for many high scorers before? major concern

As nz citizen i heard that my cie atar conversion is only valid for 1 year so i suppose i only have one shot at this :')
Interview is certainly a big barrier in med applications, and yes it has blocked high scorers on the UCAT.
The best way to improve is to practice. Get your friends or family to critique on your responses, and many others here on MSO are also willing to help. Try out the MSO interview prep portal and start thinking about how you can draw upon your past experiences to answer the questions. If you are able to receive multiple interview offers, it is also good to attend all of them, as a way of gaining experience and increasing your chances.

You should take also take a chance to gain some life experience, whether this may be volunteering, being active in community, or even picking up hobbies. Don't do it "just for the sake of the interviews", but rather as a way of reflecting on yourself and experiencing new things. This will certainly help you in answering responses to interview questions, as you are able to draw upon what you've experienced, rather than a pre-prepared response (which interviewers are able to tell).

Also, if you haven't joined the undergraduate discord prep server, be sure to do so as it becomes very active when interviews are approaching.

Interview is certainly a big barrier in med applications, and yes it has blocked high scorers on the UCAT.
The best way to improve is to practice. Get your friends or family to critique on your responses, and many others here on MSO are also willing to help. Try out the MSO interview prep portal and start thinking about how you can draw upon your past experiences to answer the questions. If you are able to receive multiple interview offers, it is also good to attend all of them, as a way of gaining experience and increasing your chances.

You should take also take a chance to gain some life experience, whether this may be volunteering, being active in community, or even picking up hobbies. Don't do it "just for the sake of the interviews", but rather as a way of reflecting on yourself and experiencing new things. This will certainly help you in answering responses to interview questions, as you are able to draw upon what you've experienced, rather than a pre-prepared response (which interviewers are able to tell).

Also, if you haven't joined the undergraduate discord prep server, be sure to do so as it becomes very active when interviews are approaching.

The link to the discord server has expired or is invalid, do you reckon you could send a new invite?

thank you for the advice!! i'll try do that. fingers crossed
i actually joined the server a few months ago.. im bingo bongo!

when are interviews held for most universities roughly? are they usually in december? of january? or is there a link that would have these details? would appreciate it! thank you in advance!

when are interviews held for most universities roughly? are they usually in december? of january? or is there a link that would have these details? would appreciate it! thank you in advance!
University websites will have the details for their programs interview dates.

Have a read in this post, the timeframes will largely be similar for 2022 intakes
> Interview Invites and Dates 2019-20

• Love
Reactions: HAO
Does anyone have any tips for passive / low intensity interview preparation to do prior to the interviews approaching? That is, to contrast the grindy interview prep during the couple of weeks directly before the interviews. Last year I failed at the interview stage and I cannot let this happen again!! So I need to do more preparation this time around, and starting earlier too.

Also, if anyone else is interested in beginning interview prep early, feel free to shoot me a message and we can discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back