Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions: 2022 Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two (!!) that have been reported were at different times so maaaybeee they’re still coming??
Yeah Jshane got a 99.95 ATAR plus 99 UCAT if your telling me that doesn’t get an invite they geniuenly shouldn’t consider interstate kids lawso also got a 99.9 ATAR plus a 99 UCAT those two should for sure get invites

Uhhh so do we think all the Monash interstate invites have gone out? 🥲
Yeah probably ;-; dunno if they give follow-up ones if people reject. They well-known for only accepting extremely high ATAR/UCAT for interstate (99.95-99.8, 99/98th percentile). I might be incorrect but still look out for it and don't lose hope!!!!

I think if people cancel their interview there is a chance more are given out
This happened in the past (3 years ago) but mind you, back then a top-up interview invites was something like 98.8+99%ile. Monash has since changed things up a bit by reducing the number of interstate interviews so that more who attend are guaranteed a place otherwise it's a waste of everyone's time. Unless the number of attendees dips drastically below the number of spots they have available, they probably won't bother unfortunately :(

This happened in the past (3 years ago) but mind you, back then a top-up interview invites was something like 98.8+99%ile. Monash has since changed things up a bit by reducing the number of interstate interviews so that more who attend are guaranteed a place otherwise it's a waste of everyone's time. Unless the number of attendees dips drastically below the number of spots they have available, they probably won't bother unfortunately :(
Thank you for the clarification. I just thought this was the case because in their email they mentioned a couple of times to "please cancel or let us know if you cannot attend so we give the chance to someone else" for the interview offers

Thank you for the clarification. I just thought this was the case because in their email they mentioned a couple of times to "please cancel or let us know if you cannot attend so we give the chance to someone else" for the interview offers
I guess if you're really close to the cutoff you should hold out hope over the weekend but this is what a top-up invite looked like back in 2019: 2020 Entry Interview Invites - Collated (DATA ONLY)

Wack

Sorry if this has been answered earlier, but has USYD Dent interview offers come out yet, if not, when will they be released?
They should've been given out before the 19th and 21st Jan since that was the interview dates if I'm not wrong. The outcomes came on the 21st at night

Just general question, if you got an interview offer this year for WSU and university of newcastle (JMP) but were unsuccessful. Do you still have a second shot to get the interview offer again next year if you have a high enough ucat and atar?

Just general question, if you got an interview offer this year for WSU and university of newcastle (JMP) but were unsuccessful. Do you still have a second shot to get the interview offer again next year if you have a high enough ucat and atar?
Yes you can reapply next year

After finishing UCAT, I’m just wondering what I should do for the next 4 months to get as prepared as possible for interviews. I recently got a job at IGA along with volunteering stuff just to get more customer contact so I can kinda practice my interview skills while I’m scanning their groceries. But, I jsut don’t know how to tackle the next 4 months most effectively. If anyone could provide any guidance on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m also on a gap year so also have my ATAR already so it’s just interview that isn’t set in stone

cheers,
Flynn
Hi Flynn, which universities are you aiming for? The interview style for each university is different! I know you must feel very restless but you don't want to obsess over the interview down to the nitty gritty. I recommend for the next 2 months you should practice questions once or twice a week with a friend or family member. You want to come across as natural and eager! A month or two before the interview you can ramp up how much you practise as you wish. I only started preparing for my interview about three weeks before. I got multiple interview tutors and just studied my butt off :) I got into my uni and am now preparing to tutor for interviews as well! If you wish, you can contact me about a month before your interview so I can help you any further! If not, I am still happy to give you some tips :)

Wish you all the best,
Ash

Hi Flynn, which universities are you aiming for? The interview style for each university is different! I know you must feel very restless but you don't want to obsess over the interview down to the nitty gritty. I recommend for the next 2 months you should practice questions once or twice a week with a friend or family member. You want to come across as natural and eager! A month or two before the interview you can ramp up how much you practise as you wish. I only started preparing for my interview about three weeks before. I got multiple interview tutors and just studied my butt off :) I got into my uni and am now preparing to tutor for interviews as well! If you wish, you can contact me about a month before your interview so I can help you any further! If not, I am still happy to give you some tips :)

Wish you all the best,
Ash
Flynn's studying medicine at Monash.

Wish you all the best,
Ash
Hey ash thanks for reaching out, you replied to the message I made in 2021. Luckily I got into Monash. Thanks for the extensive email though what a champ.
Cheers,
Flynn

Hey ash thanks for reaching out, you replied to the message I made in 2021. Luckily I got into Monash. Thanks for the extensive email though what a champ.
Cheers,
Flynn
Hey Flynn, barring anything you can’t say due to NDA, what was the monash interview like? How did you feel and how did you find it?

Do you have any advice in preparing for the MMI?

Hey Flynn, barring anything you can’t say due to NDA, what was the monash interview like? How did you feel and how did you find it?

Hey speeptime, I found the Monash interview was definitely a huge MMI style interview, I understand that the other interviews that I sat were also MMI, but the others like JMP were really unique, I know one MMI station I got from the Monash interview is on one of the free interview practice sites word to word. I found it went well overall just because of the practice I had done and I knew how to respond to the different questions. Rural and indigenous health would be something to do research into but not an extreme amount. Expose yourself to heaps of questions and stations and you should be good. Focus a lot on ethics and weighing up pros and cons. The way I navigated each station which were each 5 mins with 4 questions, I would answer straight up first and then break it down like “ I believe Emily is in the wrong because of x y and z. Firstly x” and then unpack all the 3 points and summarise in the 1mim 15 which sometimes you may not have time so just have 2 solid points. But overall Monash is the most straight forward MMI interview but definitely sticks to scenarios and doesn’t really give you the chance to show personality and if you did use anecdotes you won’t answer questions properly.

In terms of advice, I’d just expose myself to heaps of stations, practice with friends or family and record yourself and rewatch it. Make sure that you time yourself and get your friends to give you feedback, and also make sure that you build confidence in terms of interview performance as that will make your responses much more impactful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back