Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Grad Entry from an MA

bat123

Hey guys,

Going out on a limb here because I've tried to get some guidance from Auckland Uni and it hasn't been particularly helpful. I have a conditional offer for graduate entry which means in 2020 I have to complete the 4 core papers (chem, medsci, biosci, pop health) and I have to obtain a B average in all four papers in order to be able to move onto year 2. I haven't done biology since high school (which was a long time ago) and I never did chemistry. I'm just wondering if there are any other graduates on here who are/were in the same position as me, and if they've done anything before the course starts to help prepare? Cheers.

Congratulations on your offer! This is common for those who have come from a non-health science/sciences background.

Usually on these forums the general advice is to not do any prestudy as it is usually not beneficial as it can be irrelevant and tire you out before the real studying begins.
If you aren't feeling super confident, I would say just jam a few of the basics for biology and chem on Kahn Academy so you have something to go in with.

Good luck!

I'm in the same boat but trying to defer til' 2021. I applied via my civil engineering degree though.

Although what Fencess says above is true, throughout the past 5 years, heaps of grad applicants without a touch of bio got allowed straight into 2nd year and they did just fine.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Back