Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Pre-UMAT 2018 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiaxing

Few questions if someone can give some advice:

1. Which ACER practice test(s) have questions from previous years’ exams? I think kiwikillaz asked this previously but nobody answered.

2. A forum on ME says that previous students found the ME exams similar to the real UMAT exam, yet on MSO people predominantly say questions on ME exams are harder and lengthier than the actual UMAT exam. I’m skeptical that ME may be saying that because it’s promoting itself but then again, I don’t trust my instincts HAHAHAHA. What do you guys have to say about this?

Smelly Boy

I can be ur angle 😇 or ur devil 😈
Valued Member

1. Which ACER practice test(s) have questions from previous years’ exams? I think kiwikillaz asked this previously but nobody answered.

2. A forum on ME says that previous students found the ME exams similar to the real UMAT exam, yet on MSO people predominantly say questions on ME exams are harder and lengthier than the actual UMAT exam. I’m skeptical that ME may be saying that because it’s promoting itself but then again, I don’t trust my instincts HAHAHAHA. What do you guys have to say about this?
For 2.
Medentry also acknowledges that their exams are more difficult than the umat. Their logic is if you do something more difficult then the actual thing won’t seem that much of a challenge.

The reason why they say it’s similar is because of the style of questions rather than the difficulty. A question can be really difficult but not the correct style for umat.

jiaxing

For 2.
Medentry also acknowledges that their exams are more difficult than the umat. Their logic is if you do something more difficult then the actual thing won’t seem that much of a challenge.

The reason why they say it’s similar is because of the style of questions rather than the difficulty. A question can be really difficult but not the correct style for umat.

So are you saying some questions on ME are difficult because they are not coherent with the style of questions in UMAT?
Sorry if that’s such a dumb question, but I just completed an exam and my brain is fried.

Smelly Boy

Valued Member
So are you saying some questions on ME are difficult because they are not coherent with the style of questions in UMAT?
Sorry if that’s such a dumb question, but I just completed an exam and my brain is fried.
No I was saying ME is difficult and usually of similar style to the real umat, particularly for section 3

Trinhcent

professional silly goose

Acer 4 has s1 questions which were from the 2016 and 2017 UMAT

Ruffle

Puffle
Emeritus Staff
Last year's UMAT was pretty similar to ME. I've heard it was quite different the year before that, though. So you really can't tell.

firstsnow

Hey MSO!

Prep is going well for me, polishing up the extra 5 exams available on MedEntry and then the ACER exams too. Quite happy where I am at at the moment :)
Goodluck to everyone else who's sitting it this year, how is prep going for you guys?
I've asked this before, but has anyone given the new ACER exam a shot yet and is able to rank it in comparison to the others based on difficulty?

Cheers

Did you think the 5 extra exams in medentry helped you?

Trinhcent

professional silly goose
The extra 5 were more difficult than the first 10 exams and longer as well. However, this does help you with timing and learning how to tackle more difficult questions. They were helpful for me, however, I would not recommend tackling them this close to test day as there are some questions that are a doozy in there!

hope that helps :)

firstsnow

The extra 5 were more difficult than the first 10 exams and longer as well. However, this does help you with timing and learning how to tackle more difficult questions. They were helpful for me, however, I would not recommend tackling them this close to test day as there are some questions that are a doozy in there!

hope that helps :)

True, i won't take it.

How were you able to improve section 1 and section 2?

Thank you

Smelly Boy

Valued Member
Wassup playas

Any1 else had the thought of forging fake proof for rurality more than once in the last week or just me?

Austin

Wassup playas

Any1 else had the thought of forging fake proof for rurality more than once in the last week or just me?
They probably check and have a system to ensure fake rurality applications are caught and being caught faking it would probably result in a lifelong ban in applying to any medicine/dentistry course ever again. Definitely not worth the risk.

Smelly Boy

Valued Member
They probably check and have a system to ensure fake rurality applications are caught and being caught faking it would probably result in a lifelong ban in applying to any medicine/dentistry course ever again. Definitely not worth the risk.
Issa joke boss no need 2 worry

Nycryte

UTAS MBBS I
No one would fake it so crassly but there would definitely be people claiming to be rurals via having their address as a rural one (ie another property owned by the family) despite really living in the city.

Smelly Boy

Valued Member
Lmao bold considering this whole forum is devoid of humour :(
Facts chief last year we had some good humour and now it’s all gone. This forum used to be lit

I’m doing old exams I got off a friend from matrix and Medentry and they too easy so I’m worrying now I’ve only been getting good marks since they are easy exams. Also just got account for medentry off my friend since he isn’t using it so I’m going to try one exam tomorrow and see if the earlier exams I did were indeed too easy of if I have become what I always feared

sarangiya

UNSW BMed/MD II
I’m doing old exams I got off a friend from matrix and Medentry and they too easy so I’m worrying now I’ve only been getting good marks since they are easy exams. Also just got account for medentry off my friend since he isn’t using it so I’m going to try one exam tomorrow and see if the earlier exams I did were indeed too easy of if I have become what I always feared
〜A UMAT Extraordinaire〜
Hahaha nice. What year are the MedEntry ones?? I have been using ones from 2012 and have been going idk decent on them. I was feeling pretty good about that til you said that they could be easy lol rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.