Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT Results Discussion 2019

Kezza

Do they have proof of their interview offer?
No - me trying to seek confirmation. Can't see why someone would lie. I trust my friend, she said she got nothing, but she said one of her friend said she did... I know it's he said she said so im hoping for a ucatboy Smelly Boy or other 99%ile people to chime in and tell me they are a lying bundle of sticks.

Last year results were Oct 28th - although considering UCAT test structure was faster with results, it's not implausible that they are out this early.

Cal

Will You. Review. Mah Mixtape 😤😤
Valued Member
No - me trying to seek confirmation. Can't see why someone would lie. I trust my friend, she said she got nothing, but she said one of her friend said she did... I know it's he said she said so im hoping for a ucatboy Smelly Boy or other 99%ile people to chime in and tell me they are a lying bundle of sticks.

Last year results were Oct 28th - although considering UCAT test structure was faster with results, it's not implausible that they are out this early.
Maybe rural applicant?

Helmut

äaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I doubt it as she said they go to University of Newcastle with her and has been for the past 3 years. :(
I wouldn't put much stock in it... it's a bit early for interview offers to be coming out, plus, as you said, nobody else has reported receiving an interview offer.

ucatboy

Valued Member

Just checking in - my inbox is empty right now save for a UQ email welcoming me for the second (or was it third?) time to their uni

Cal

Valued Member
Definitely enough high scorers on here to confirm that either the email sent out to her was not in fact true, or it was a bug and was sent out too early. There will probably be upwards of 40 people on here that get interviews to jmp. So I wouldn't worry about a single person.

Kezza

Definitely enough high scorers on here to confirm that either the email sent out to her was not in fact true, or it was a bug and was sent out too early. There will probably be upwards of 40 people on here that get interviews to jmp. So I wouldn't worry about a single person.
Thanks guys - Sorry to scare anyone -My friend messaged me with just "interviews?" - Apple watch recorded a jump from 62 bpm - 113bpm... I just needed clarification.

Obviously she called after to discuss this but yeah thanks again guys and gals.

Smelly Boy

I can be ur angle 😇 or ur devil 😈
Valued Member
Yap no interview invite for me friends

Sit tight till end of October 😎

Am looking forward to possible WSU invites soon since in 2016 or 2017 (I believe), invites came at 16 October

Edit:
WSU 2018 entry = 20th October invites (3:20pm)

WSU 2017 entry = 16 October invites

TKAO

ima head to oooo-wahhh for med
Valued Member
Yap no interview invite for me friends

Sit tight till end of October 😎

Am looking forward to possible WSU invites soon since in 2016 or 2017 (I believe), invites came at 16 October

Edit:
WSU 2018 entry = 20th October invites (3:20pm)

WSU 2017 entry = 16 October invites
Wow so close?! I'm not ready for invites just yet!

Cal

Valued Member
Wow so close?! I'm not ready for invites just yet!
Nah man gotta get your game face on. Time to smash em out the park. You got this bro.

Hey guys, sorry for being misinformed but how are offers out so early if the HSC hasn't come out, or is this for non-standard/ non-high school leavers?

maniacfish

Hey guys, sorry for being misinformed but how are offers out so early if the HSC hasn't come out, or is this for non-standard/ non-high school leavers?
Some of the schools (wsu, jmp and maybe a few others) send interview invites based solely on ucat performance, so they don't have to wait for atars.Also no invites seem have to actually gone out yet, we're just taking guesses as to when it may happen.

ucatboy

Valued Member
Some unis also ask for predicted ATAR, bypassing the need for your real ATAR to be released before they start making place offers/interview offers.

Some unis also ask for predicted ATAR, bypassing the need for your real ATAR to be released before they start making place offers/interview offers.
WSU and JMP didnt ask for predicted ATARS i dont think..

Some of the schools (wsu, jmp and maybe a few others) send interview invites based solely on ucat performance, so they don't have to wait for atars.Also no invites seem have to actually gone out yet, we're just taking guesses as to when it may happen.
Ahh I see, however, aren't ATARs actually a determining factor in your offer and not just a mibimum quota you have to meet? It seems impractical to give out interviews before ATARs are released, what if people flunk the ATAR

Numerouno

It's good to jump in again in the mix after a year. My second-year MBBS in the UK is sailing OK at the moment. I have a question about one of my friends. He gave both UKCAT and UCAT without knowing (?) that he can't do both. Apparently he scored 2900 in the UKCAT which was taken after UCAT in which he scored only 2540. The UK universities advised him that the first sitting scores can only be considered (i.e UCAT) so he shot himself in the foot! Now as Aus universities do not consider UKCAT scores, the UCAT stands at 2540. Is there any chance for him as he scored all sections above 620 plus SJT 740. ATAR prediction around 95.00. I am not sure about JMP /Curtin /UWS/ with UCAT cut off and he had also put in a heavy EAS request with a close relative living with him passed away during HSC Trials and one other seriously ill admitted three times needing surgeries through the year ( also living with him) and he also did a language subject by distance education. Please advise if he has any chance at all. 🤔 Thanks.

maniacfish

Ahh I see, however, aren't ATARs actually a determining factor in your offer and not just a mibimum quota you have to meet? It seems impractical to give out interviews before ATARs are released, what if people flunk the ATAR
for both jmp and wsu, atar is simply a hurdle. Applicants who don't meet the requirements will just not be eligible for offers when the time comes. Since they interview heaps of people and have pretty low atar requirements they can afford to do this.

Kezza

for both jmp and wsu, atar is simply a hurdle. Applicants who don't meet the requirements will just not be eligible for offers when the time comes. Since they interview heaps of people and have pretty low atar requirements they can afford to do this.
Speaking as someone who meets the GPA requirements i'd rather they checked this first and then offered interviews - would mean interviews for lower UCAT scorers as opposed to missing out on a spot for interviews for someone who eventually will not qualify anyway.