Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT Results Discussion 2019

REGULAR JOE

You can rest assured that they are Victorian or a rural applicant. I'd be shocked if a 99.95/86th gets you an interview as an interstate student, unfortunately.
Hey Crow, thank you for your reply. To be considered Victorian, whats the requirement? Do I need to have done year 12 in victoria, or have lived in victoria for a certain number of years, or are you considered victorian just if you put a victorian home address in the application?

Crow

Moderator Band
Hey Crow, thank you for your reply. To be considered Victorian, whats the requirement? Do I need to have done year 12 in victoria, or have lived in victoria for a certain number of years, or are you considered victorian just if you put a victorian home address in the application?
As far as I’m aware you need to be a Victorian school leaver, so yes, completing Year 12 there.

Raine

Applying for: Medicine
Application Type: School leaver
Predicted ATAR/GPA: Predicted 98
UCAT Percentile Rank: 97
VR: 680
DM: 770
QR: 830
AR: 770
Total: 3050
SJ: 638
Current State: VIC
Applying to: Monash, UQ, Adelaide, UNSW
Rural Applicant: No
GWS Applicant: No
Indigenous Applicant: No
Other: SEAS, Monash Guarantee, UQ subject bonus
Specific Question: With a predicted 98 (~99.75+ according to Monash), how likely is a place offer (CSP, ERC, BMP)?

A1

Admissions Speculator
Application Type: School leaver
Predicted ATAR/GPA: Predicted 98
UCAT Percentile Rank: 97
VR: 680
DM: 770
QR: 830
AR: 770
Total: 3050
SJ: 638
Current State: VIC
Applying to: Monash, UQ, Adelaide, UNSW
Rural Applicant: No
GWS Applicant: No
Indigenous Applicant: No
Other: SEAS, Monash Guarantee, UQ subject bonus
Specific Question: With a predicted 98 (~99.75+ according to Monash), how likely is a place offer (CSP, ERC, BMP)?
I can guarantee you will get at least UQ bonded, quite likely unbonded.
Monash 99.75+97%ile is better than 80% offer chance, I can't split it into CSP/BMP/ERC specifics.

For UNSW you might not even get an interview with 98.0. If you do get EAS for UNSW then chances depend on how many EAS points.
Adelaide is too hard to predict, usually no more than 20-30% offer chance for everyone.

A1

Admissions Speculator
Thanks. How much would my chances at Monash improve with a 99.90/99.95 selection rank?
Also, when does Monash send out interview invites?
Sure 99.90 will be better than 99.75 but I won't be more specific than better than 80% offer chance.

Google "Monash medicine important dates" you will see a list of invite/interview/offer dates.

justchris

Hey guys, sorry that this is a little off topic, but what you guys reckon my chances are with UQ Dent & La Trobe with a GPA of 6.25+ and a UCAT of 96?
P.S Good luck to everyone waiting for interview emails to come out

Hey guys, sorry that this is a little off topic, but what you guys reckon my chances are with UQ Dent & La Trobe with a GPA of 6.25+ and a UCAT of 96?
P.S Good luck to everyone waiting for interview emails to come out
Your chances of uq dent are high if you can get your GPA up above 6.5. I am unsure about Latrobe though.

jwu2000

Application Type: Gap Year
ATAR/GPA: 99.60
UCAT Percentile Rank: 94
VR: 660
DM: 750
QR: 860
AR: 650
Total: 2920
SJ: 692
Current State: NSW
Applying to: UNSW, JMP, UWA,University of Adelaide, Flinders, Griffith
Rural Applicant: no
GWS Applicant: yes
Indigenous Applicant: no
Others: UES, EAS
Specific Question: inquiring about chance of placement offer at these universities however in particular my chances of obtaining a spot at Flinders university (99.95 atar with UES). Thanks so much

LMG!

Admodistrator
Specific Question: inquiring about chance of placement offer at these universities however in particular my chances of obtaining a spot at Flinders university (99.95 atar with UES). Thanks so much
As long as UES definitely boosts you to 99.95 then yep, definitely for Flinders.

I don’t think Griffith use UES/EAS so your ATAR will probably just fall short there. UAdel, JMP, UNSW, and UWA will depend on your interview performance.

Good luck!!

Crow

Moderator Band
Adding to the above, I’d imagine 99.6 would be enough to get you a provisional entry offer at Griffith (USC) based on the past two years.

LMG!

Admodistrator
Adding to the above, I’d imagine 99.6 would be enough to get you a provisional entry offer at Griffith (USC) based on the past two years.
2018 entry was 99.35, 2019 entry was 99.60, you don’t reckon it’ll go up again? Or do you think it’s gone as high as it’ll go (for now?).

A1

Admissions Speculator
2018 entry was 99.35, 2019 entry was 99.60, you don’t reckon it’ll go up again? Or do you think it’s gone as high as it’ll go (for now?).
Relative to Nathan/GC's 99.70 I think USC 99.60 has gone as high as it'll go.
The first year's 99.35 was because USC only announced taking applications in October, relatively few students knew about it.

indianguy777

Application Type: School leaver NZ
Predicted ATAR/GPA: actual Cambridge A Level 3A*s (was told by UWA that ATAR was 99.90, assuming it's the same for Curtin. SATAC said ATAR was 99.45)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 85
SJ:550
Current State: New Zealand
Applying to:
curtin, uwa, utas, flinders
GWS Applicant:
no
Other: none
Specific Question:
My earlier post was answered 'depends on atar conversion'. I was able to get an estimate from UWA and SATAC. Could a moderator please give me my chances of an offer for UWA or Curtin? (I know flinders is unlikely due to ATAR)

A1

Admissions Speculator
Application Type: School leaver NZ
Predicted ATAR/GPA: actual Cambridge A Level 3A*s (was told by UWA that ATAR was 99.90, assuming it's the same for Curtin. SATAC said ATAR was 99.45)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 85
SJ:550
Current State: New Zealand
Applying to:
curtin, uwa, utas, flinders
GWS Applicant:
no
Other: none
Specific Question:
My earlier post was answered 'depends on atar conversion'. I was able to get an estimate from UWA and SATAC. Could a moderator please give me my chances of an offer for UWA or Curtin? (I know flinders is unlikely due to ATAR)
Considering both UWA and Curtin weigh UCAT (your weaker point) only half as much as ATAR & interview I'd say 99.90+85%ile gives you about 50/50 offer chance. Except I keep hearing UWA doesn't make many offers to non-WA applicants, that would make your UWA chance smaller.