UCAT Results Discussion 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMG!

MBBS IV
Administrator
No. I am waiting on the 23rd of dec interview offers.
On what basis do you think you might get a second round invite? Did your actual ATAR end up higher than your predicted? Or did no predicted get submitted for you?

If your ATAR hasn’t changed from predicted, a second round invite is very unlikely, unfortunately. But if either of the first two scenarios are true, then it’s possible, depending on your written application.

Endgame.

Applying for: Med
Application Type: School Leaver
Actual ATAR/GPA: 99.75
UCAT Percentile Rank: 99
VR: 820
DM:800
QR: 780
AR: 820
Total: 3220
SJ: 648
Possible WSU Formula Total (58%VR + 12%DM + 12%QR + 18%AR): 812.8
Current State: NSW
Applying to: all
Rural Applicant: yes (RA2)
GWS Applicant: yes
Indigenous Applicant: no
Other: SEAS/EAS, MG (confirmed)
Specific Question: What's my shot at Monash, thought my interview was pretty good, but my self-estimation may be off.
Will my atar be high enough for a Griffith/SCU offer?

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
Applying for: Med
Actual ATAR/GPA: 99.75
UCAT Percentile Rank: 99
VR: 820
DM:800
AR: 820
Total: 3220
SJ: 648
Possible WSU Formula Total (58%VR + 12%DM + 12%QR + 18%AR): 812.8
Applying to: all but question is specifically about Monash
GWS Applicant: yes
Indigenous Applicant: no
Other: SEAS/EAS, MG (confirmed)
Specific Question: What's my shot at Monash, thought my interview was pretty good, but my self-estimation may be off.
I don't know how much assurance you need but 99.75 + 99%ile would traditionally be a shoo-in for a non-rural Vic student and even an interview for a non-rural interstate student. Given you're competing in the rural pool, a place should be basically guaranteed unless you said something horribly wrong in the interview (you'd have to be manually removed from the applicant pool, as I think your rankings in ATAR and UCAT are so high that even a bottom ranking in the interview would still net you a place offer overall).

I did not get any prediction. Our school refused to do one given its first year of ATAR in qld. Also can anyone confirm whether griffith is still in the picture or not as well as my chances for uq dent?

Thanks.

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
I did not get any prediction. Our school refused to do one given its first year of ATAR in qld. Also can anyone confirm whether griffith is still in the picture or not as well as my chances for uq dent?

Thanks.
Griffith willm unfortunately be too low, your chances for UQ dent remain high.

wjdalsdn

Hey guys,
I received my ATAR - 99.05 and my UCAT is 2970 (92nd percentile). I have already sat the WSU interview, but I am wondering what my chances of getting an interview invitation from interstate universities (I am currently in NSW).
Looking at the ATAR profiles from different universities like Curtin (ATAR profile, selection rank profile, undergraduate courses - Study | Curtin University) it gives me the impression that I do have a shot - but I've heard that unis preferentially accept their own state students.
Anyways, getting back to my original question, what are my chances of getting an interview invitation from interstate universities (UWA, Curtin, Flinders, UQ (hoping that they have a second round of interviews) Monash e.g.?) I don't have SEAS.

A1

Admissions Speculator
Anyways, getting back to my original question, what are my chances of getting an interview invitation from interstate universities (UWA, Curtin, Flinders, UQ (hoping that they have a second round of interviews) Monash e.g.?) I don't have SEAS.
Flinders don't do interviews. Monash is out of question for interstate, likely same for UWA. UQ we can't tell since this is its first year this way. I'd say Curtin interview is quite possible.

Applying for: Medicine
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 95.7 (Actual)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 97th
VR: 650
DM: 720
QR: 870
AR: 870
Total: 3110
SJ: 574
Possible WSU Formula Total (58%VR + 12%DM + 12%QR + 18%AR):
Applying to:
All Universities
Rural Applicant: No
GWS Applicant:
No
Indigenous Applicant: No
Other: No (But i do get 2 bonus points at UQ)
Specific Question: I have done the JMP/UQ/UAdel interviews. I know its not likely i get any other interview offers but if there is where would it be from, and what are my chances at the universities I have interviewed at?

LMG!

MBBS IV
Administrator
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 95.7 (Actual)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 97th
VR: 650
DM: 720
QR: 870
AR: 870
Total: 3110
SJ: 574
Applying to:
All Universities
GWS Applicant:
No
Other: No (But i do get 2 bonus points at UQ)
Specific Question: I have done the JMP/UQ/UAdel interviews. I know its not likely i get any other interview offers but if there is where would it be from, and what are my chances at the universities I have interviewed at?

Your best bet is JMP as that’s the only one of those three that uses ATAR as a hurdle (I think... I know there’s some confusion re. the new process at UQ). Given they interview approx 4x the number of people to places they have on offer, your worst case scenario is a ~25% chance.

A1

Admissions Speculator
Any chance for flinders while having 2920 (90%) ucat and 98.15 atar? Thanks in advance

Forgot to mention that I got UES
With UES (ATAR 98.15 boosted to max aggregate 90) that looks like sure chance to me.
Provided your UES isn't for subject bonuses.

Thanks for giving me some hope, so so depressed when seeing everyone got interview invite.

BTW, my UES is financial difficulty one. Just called satac this morning to confirm my eligibility.

A1 adds: Congrats, come back on offer day with the good news and buy us a pizza to celebrate :)

Anna12299

Predicted ATAR/GPA: 95
UCAT Percentile Rank: 79
VR: 570
DM: 670
AR: 750
Total: 2770
SJ: 643
Current State: VIC
Applying to:
All Universities
GWS Applicant:
No
Other: SEAS
Specific Question: I have done the monash/UQ/UAdel interviews. What are my chances of getting an offer at these universities? considering I did average at interviews

LMG!

MBBS IV
Administrator
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 95
UCAT Percentile Rank: 79
VR: 570
DM: 670
AR: 750
Total: 2770
SJ: 643
Current State: VIC
Applying to:
All Universities
GWS Applicant:
No
Other: SEAS
Specific Question: I have done the monash/UQ/UAdel interviews. What are my chances of getting an offer at these universities? considering I did average at interviews
We can’t really answer this. For UQ it’s their first year of interviews, and we’re not even super certain how they will be calculating offer rank, for starters. Being rural complicates things further. You’ve interviewed for all, with is obviously a key step, so now all you can do is wait for offers rounds to start rolling out.

Applying for: Dentistry
Application Type: non-standard
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 97.2 / 6.57 GPA
UCAT Percentile Rank: 92
VR: 600
DM: 740
QR: 760
AR: 860
Total: 2960
SJ: 711
Applying to:
All Dentistry Unis accepting non-standard applicants
GWS Applicant:
Yes
Indigenous Applicant:
No
Other:
Specific Question:
My first preference university is UQ Dent. What do you think are my chances considering my scores?

LMG!

MBBS IV
Administrator
Applying to:
GWS Applicant:
Yes
Indigenous Applicant:
No
Other:
Specific Question:
My first preference university is UQ Dent. What do you think are my chances considering my scores?

I reckon Cal would be able to help with this, when they’re back next.

Cal

vibe
Applying to:
GWS Applicant:
Yes
Indigenous Applicant:
No
Other:
Specific Question:
I will say you do have a solid chance at UQ dent, although it is borderline due to the change in entry from OP to ATAR and the aforementioned introduction of Med interviews.

You should have gotten a UADEL interview if you applied.

JCU if you had a great written application, and Latrobe I am unsure of, but your GPA/UCAT combo gives you a solid chance at least.

Unfortunately Griffith is out due to the lower GPA, and CSU should have already interviewed.

Hope this helps :)

Abhi20

Background:
UCAT is very low, 99.65 ATAR, Non-Rural
Due to my low UCAT score, I didn't get interviews anywhere, I also did not get in at JCU
What are my options now?
Which is the best one(I don't prefer to take a gap year).
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.