Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoA MBChB Entry - General Discussion and Questions

Did anyone receive an email from student info saying congratulations on receiving an offer for the clinical programs which I applied for, the email says all them except med which I already accepted?

Also once u accept the offer does the application status say “meet
Did anyone receive an email from student info saying congratulations on receiving an offer for the clinical programs which I applied for, the email says all them except med which I already accepted?

Also once u accept the offer does the application status say “meet conditions”?
Hey, what account sent that email? Thanks!

TMM and Filifalcon I got that notification on Monday as well.

I queried it and was informed I didn't meet eligibility because my qualifying degree had not been conferred and because of unoffical documentation that had been supplied upon request.

I pointed out that I did supply evidence of degree completion prior to end November.

They are trying to not accept the evidence of degree completion.

I don't see how they can stop me.

TMM and Filifalcon I got that notification on Monday as well.

I queried it and was informed I didn't meet eligibility because my qualifying degree had not been conferred and because of unoffical documentation that had been supplied upon request.

I pointed out that I did supply evidence of degree completion prior to end November.

They are trying to not accept the evidence of degree completion.

I don't see how they can stop me.

Yeah I've been on holiday so I could not call them. I'll do so next week if possible.

I did an ungraded graduate research degree in 2019 and submitted it 3 months prior to December 7 since the Dean of the School of Graduate Research informed me they 'tried' to have the examination process concluded within 3 months and Auckland required evidence of completion by December 7. The report of the second examiner was not returned until the week after December 7, and Auckland said I was not able to provide evidence of completion in time. There was a kerfuffle about eligibility for selection vs eligibility for program start.

Neither examiner stated in their reports that I should be failed, that I should be required to give oral defence, that I should be required to re-enrol for an extended period, that I should be required to submit my thesis for another round of examination. Both examiners made many suggestions for things I could do to improve the thesis, before it would be acceptable. The Calendar states that the thesis will be returned to the student if the examiners intend revise and resubmit outcomes. The examiners pack supplied to them informed them they could claim reimbursement for air post or courier costs. Neither examiner returned the thesis to me or to the University to return to me when they returned their reports.

My supervisor and the Dean told me immediately prior to the Christmas break that I was required to 'keep working'.

11 January 2020 the Dean informed me my thesis was 'not yet ready to proceed to completion' (whatever that means) and I was required to pay additional fees for an extended period of re-enrolment. I have been appealing this ever since.

The only outcome of examination from the Calendar that is in accordance with the Calendar and that is based in the reports of the examiners, is that the thesis is accepted subject to substantive revisions to be completed within 10 weeks.

I supplied 2 theses within 10 weeks to be signed off as accepted in fulfilment of regulations for the Degree. 5 February, 2019. 24 February, 2019. The Universities all around the freaking world are required to accept that I have completed the regulations for the Degree.

They have no grounds to refuse me.

Unless they wish to give back all the money that has been given to them for them to do their job.

I don't understand how things can be otherwise.

It was a shame for me to learn that University employees did not believe they had fiduciary duty. I thought their job was to help me. They thought their job was to try and stop me even if it meant misleading me, misinforming me, or even violating their own regulations.

Apparently there is a high volume of people querying declined applications this year. That is good. They falsely inform people that 'final decisions have been made' which falsely implies that there is no right of appeal.

The University has no grounds to refuse my application.

There may be others in the same boat as me.

Last year they miscalculated my GPA (according to their own algorithm) by .6 in order to tell me 'even if you were eligible your rank order score was too low'.

Is this how they make gunners? Sigh.

It's all good. I think the appeals process involves another interview. I am so so so so so sick of appeals. Yes, I really really really want to study Medicine.

Apparently there is a high volume of people querying declined applications this year. That is good. They falsely inform people that 'final decisions have been made' which falsely implies that there is no right of appeal.

just because people are querying doesnt mean anything is actually happening. I don't think the university is really out to get anyone or mislead, let alone falsely inform.

From what I have read, it seems that no one concluded that your thesis was acceptable even after revisions suggested by the examiner? although i may be misunderstanding, your dates are confusing

just because people are querying doesnt mean anything is actually happening. I don't think the university is really out to get anyone or mislead, let alone falsely inform.

From what I have read, it seems that no one concluded that your thesis was acceptable even after revisions suggested by the examiner? although i may be misunderstanding, your dates are confusing

I’m also confused by the dates, perhaps they are all moved forward a year? The OP clearly didn’t submit things in the future (as their 2020 date suggests), but just changing that one to 2019 doesn’t seem to ‘fix’ the timeline.

I suspect the dates are not all that important in context, but yeah, they definitely have me confused, too!

Back