Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Undergrad] EAS/SCATS/UES/SEAS General Discussion and Enquiries

Scrivo_72

The Humerus 2021
I just got the email saying that I am elegible for EAS at the different institutions. It says I’m eligible for EAS at UNSW Sydney but am wondering if it applies to medicine, or does med only use a subset of the EAS categories?

Caffeine

I just got the email saying that I am elegible for EAS at the different institutions. It says I’m eligible for EAS at UNSW Sydney but am wondering if it applies to medicine, or does med only use a subset of the EAS categories?
UNSW does consider EAS and doesn't exclude any criteria. The only requirement being that you have a minimum 96 SR to get any bonus points from EAS

Caffeine

Oh that’s so good, is that 96 SR for rural applicants as well?
I think it's a bit lower as the minimum for rural candidates when applying but I'm not sure how it works for EAS. It probably is what the rural cut-off is like 91.5 but it might be best to contact UNSW.

Scrivo_72

The Humerus 2021
I think it's a bit lower as the minimum for rural candidates when applying but I'm not sure how it works for EAS. It probably is what the rural cut-off is like 91.5 but it might be best to contact UNSW.
yea i contacted them and the person didnt know which is fine. I understand that they dont release how many points are added onto the selection rank however, does anyone have an idea on the minimum points added.

Also do we get a confirmation email about UES as well?

For any NSW unis, if I have EAS, is there any benefit if my ATAR is already 99.95 before any additional boosts?
I know for Monash they reserve a certain number of seats for people with Monash Guarantee who would not normally get an offer, I was just wondering if anyone knew if any unis in NSW have something similar.

A1

Rookie Doc
For any NSW unis, if I have EAS, is there any benefit if my ATAR is already 99.95 before any additional boosts?
I know for Monash they reserve a certain number of seats for people with Monash Guarantee who would not normally get an offer, I was just wondering if anyone knew if any unis in NSW have something similar.

Afaik JPM/JMP don't have seats allocation for EAS.
UNSW used to say they reserved a small number of places for EAS but now with "up to 10 places" for the Gateway scheme I'm not sure whether they still do for EAS.

kkkk

Hi guys, does anyone know how long it generally takes for your UES to get accepted by SATAC?
you dont i asked and apparently you will only find out if you were successful if your selection rank is higher than your ATAR for SATAC.

A1

Rookie Doc

MystK

Hi! Could someone explain to me how EAS placements work? Like I read that universities i.e UNSW, only reserve a small number of places for them, is this true?

A1

Rookie Doc
Hi! Could someone explain to me how EAS placements work? Like I read that universities i.e UNSW, only reserve a small number of places for them, is this true?
There are different ways the med schools apply EAS. Curtin/UWA put them in a separate pool with its own place quota so they don't compete against non-EAS students. SATAC/Flinders/Adelaide give them a set number of bonus points then with their boosted ATAR rank they compete against non-EAS in the same pool.

UNSW/Monash are not clear, it seems they give a certain number of bonus points depending on disadvantage categories, then EAS students compete in the main pool but with a sub-quota to ensure at least a number of them get an offer.

MystK

There are different ways the med schools apply EAS. Curtin/UWA put them in a separate pool with its own place quota so they don't compete against non-EAS students. SATAC/Flinders/Adelaide give them a set number of bonus points then with their boosted ATAR rank they compete against non-EAS in the same pool.

UNSW/Monash are not clear, it seems they give a certain number of bonus points depending on disadvantage categories, then EAS students compete in the main pool but with a sub-quota to ensure at least a number of them get an offer.
Does UNSW exclude any specific EAS or do they include all types?

joweyenne

Lurker
How much would EAS boost a GPA for UQ dent? like say I received EAS for financial disadvantage would that be like 0.1 of a GPA?

cocodreams

For EAS on UAC, when it asks whether we have given any direct application to institution, I tried typing the title of the degree for UoNewcastle, however, it's too long so it can't accept the entire thing... has anyone else encountered this?