Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

HSFY 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, does anyone have answers to any of the BIOC192 past exam papers that I can compare some of my answers to to see if what im doing is right. Ik its early to be doing papers but I want to do the questions as I go.

Hey, does anyone have answers to any of the BIOC192 past exam papers that I can compare some of my answers to to see if what im doing is right. Ik its early to be doing papers but I want to do the questions as I go.

Hi doggo,

Welcome to MSO!

I don't think they release answers, so you would just need to check with your peers and seek help if you have any specific questions.

Hi everyone,

How are you doing? Is everything alright?

It's nearly a month into the semester already. Tests and assignments should be piling up now, but don't forget to give yourself some attention too, not just the assessments. By that, I mean you should take care of your health both physically and mentally. It really is hard to perform well when you are unwell yourself.

For those who are taking an extra paper (e.g. MAOR112 or STAT115), how is that going?

[Redacted for moderation.]

Hi everyone,

How are you doing? Is everything alright?

It's nearly a month into the semester already. Tests and assignments should be piling up now, but don't forget to give yourself some attention too, not just the assessments. By that, I mean you should take care of your health both physically and mentally. It really is hard to perform well when you are unwell yourself.

For those who are taking an extra paper (e.g. MAOR112 or STAT115), how is that going?

Yeah HUBS is coming up soon o_O this month is just packed with tests so best of luck to everyone :D
Im taking STAT115 to hopefully bump my avg up but im finding the lectures insanely boring lol i also feel like each lecture could be covered a alot faster by just reading through the book but im still attending them anyways :p

ps: can someone guide me on how to apply for the 2nd year programmes? we should be able to starting today but i cant seem to find the correct place on evision, it might be a sign lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding applying for second year programmes, there should be on eVision something called 'Health Sciences Undergraduate Professional Programmes'. Then there'll be a drop-down list from which you can select medicine, dentistry etc.

(At least, that's my understanding of how it works now)

Woop! thanks Fruitloop, i wasnt aware we had to type in "Health Sciences Undergraduate Professional Programmes" into the program selection tab. i thought it was something we could just press lol

Yeah they should probably make important stuff like that a little clearer tbh.

It's hardly an intuitive thing to type in when you're applying for medicine, dentistry or physio etc haha

Hi Polar,

I think more than 90% of students in STAT115 don't really want to be there. Remember, the paper is structured to introduce statistics to students. It is not designed to please the HSFY students, if you know what I mean. There is no reason why you can't just get ahead by reading the course book on your own. This is university and that is a perfectly fine thing to do. I presume you have been getting 100% in the assignments and the tests. Either way, keep up the good work and it should pay off in the end.

Yeah they should probably make important stuff like that a little clearer tbh.

It's hardly an intuitive thing to type in when you're applying for medicine, dentistry or physio etc haha

I personally think it is clear enough. The information is available on the website. It does explain how to apply on eVision.

Hi there,
Im taking STAT115 as an 8th paper and wanting to get into Med.I cannot remeber but do we have to get above 70% in the EXAM for STATS to be considered for a professional course or do we have to get above 70% is each of the ASSIGNMENTS AND TESTS as well? I have not been keeping up with statistics and have not done amazing in spme of the assignments and tests as I plan to ace the exam( I know this is not the best thing to do).I dont want to jeopardise my chances to get into med due to this.
Thank you

Hi there,
Im taking STAT115 as an 8th paper and wanting to get into Med.I cannot remeber but do we have to get above 70% in the EXAM for STATS to be considered for a professional course or do we have to get above 70% is each of the ASSIGNMENTS AND TESTS as well? I have not been keeping up with statistics and have not done amazing in spme of the assignments and tests as I plan to ace the exam( I know this is not the best thing to do).I dont want to jeopardise my chances to get into med due to this.
Thank you
You're 8th paper doesn't need to be above 70% to be eligible for med, and for STATS115 with plussage, it doesn't matter if all your assignments are below 70% and you ace the exam ;)

hey there, has anyone gone through the bioc mcq pool yet? I'd love to compare answers with people
I have been slowly working through them - more than happy to catch up tomorrow or Friday afternoon if you wanted to. I mostly study at Marsh if that works for meeting up?

I have heard about people redoing HSFY in their second year and was wondering how they got to do that?
There's only one person I know who did that, and it wasn't considered redoing because they didn't do HSFY past the first few weeks of first semester. If you look at the Uni's website, only the first attempt at HSFY is used for applying to professional programs, otherwise you'll have to apply via 2 years uni/graduate/alternative entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back