Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

International Students: General Medicine Entry

A1

Rookie Doc
Hello, Dear all, Please, Do you know which one of the Medical schools in New Zealand and Australia has more available scholarships for studying medicine that can cover an important part of tuition fees?
Unfortunately I don't think there is any Aus medicine scholarship available to international students.

(I have heard of university scholarships for some degrees which cover a part of first-year tuition only. Aus government scholarships are available to only certain countries > Participating countries )

speeptime

Just got my ISAT results back and intending to apply to Monash and UNSW this year — anyone in the same boat? trying to make friends haha

speeptime

Same here! Would you like to connect?
I am interested; want to connect?
Would love to connect !!! I can do that over DMs here or on telegram HAHA

Sounds great :) Hope to see you real soon next year :)
Same :”)

What sort of ISAT score is competitive for med entry?
My friends have said 180+ for Monash and 170+ for UNSW (though I’m not so sure about UNSW). They agree the percentile is generally more important, though.

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth guys haha but pumped to get to know you :)

tylow2

Hi! Anybody applying for Monash/UNSW & got interview offers already? I'm from SG & would definitely love to connect w anyone applying too 👍🏻

AceMed

Would love to connect !!! I can do that over DMs here or on telegram HAHA

Same :”)

My friends have said 180+ for Monash and 170+ for UNSW (though I’m not so sure about UNSW). They agree the percentile is generally more important, though.

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth guys haha but pumped to get to know you :)
I think the scores you have quoted would definitely place you in a more competitive position, however rest assured, even if you do not get 180+, as long as you meet the requirements for both schools as stated on their application requirements site you will definitely be considered. I have a few friends who entered Monash Med with a 170+ as well. So not to be too worried over the ISAT score. Just do your best :)

Hello, Dear all, Please, Do you know which one of the Medical schools in New Zealand and Australia has more available scholarships for studying medicine that can cover an important part of tuition fees? I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Science in Iran, a country near Turkey and Russia but I'm interested in studying medicine ( Preferably, graduate entry pathway) with scholarships? Sincerely yours Navid Eftekarian
Hi, I have read through some of the scholarships that different schools offer. Unfortunately, for medicine, there are very few schools who offer scholarships, even for local students and much less for international students :(

speeptime

I think the scores you have quoted would definitely place you in a more competitive position, however rest assured, even if you do not get 180+, as long as you meet the requirements for both schools as stated on their application requirements site you will definitely be considered. I have a few friends who entered Monash Med with a 170+ as well. So not to be too worried over the ISAT score. Just do your best :)
Yup, I also have friends in Monash with a score of 176!