Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU 2017 Interview Offers Official Thread

I had already removed JCU from my QTAC preferences and it doesn't let me add it back. Is there a way it can be done through QTAC? Or can I still get an offer through email or something if I let JCU know my situation?

Best thing to do would be to contact QTAC

Best thing to do would be to contact QTAC
Id also like to know....I mean considering the interviews are this Thursday and Friday, surely for those of us that are interstate they would give some warning so flights and accommodation can be booked!

Has anyone from WA received an interview offer first or second round?

Id also like to know....I mean considering the interviews are this Thursday and Friday, surely for those of us that are interstate they would give some warning so flights and accommodation can be booked!

Has anyone from WA received an interview offer first or second round?
They usually give 2 days worth of notice, so check your emails tomorrow and the day after.

I got an interview offer for the 6th January. I received it by email on 29 the December. As I live in Vietnam, it was a quick bit of organisation required. I got ATAR 98.8. standard domestic entry.

Is this the same for local/QLD based?? Or have they all been given out?
I'm not sure about that but I do know a person from Brisbane who studies medicine at JCU and got an OP 1 and later got a second round interview email 2 days before his interview on the 5/6 Jan.

Thanks Batman. Well the office does reopen tomorrow so hopefully there is still a chance... although it would be very strange to do just a portion just before the new year close and do the rest after they reopen...but hey no one really knows with this secret squirrel business...

PS Hope everyone has a great 2017!

From what ive heard from past years, offers do continue to come out after the new years period until the 4th of January. I dont think they send all the offers out before the new years.

I called up JCU and the lady on the phone said that as far as she knows, all the second round interview offers have been sent out :( they wouldn't give any feedback on the application like why we didn't get an offer or what we lacked. I am a non-standard student, with a GPA of 6.625 and my application was pretty strong. I had many volunteering experiences during the past 5 years, and I volunteered overseas as well. It sucks! Hope you guys have better luck.

Harsh... I was just saying I felt like I had a strong application. I understand it may not have been good enough. I am sure most people on this forum feel somewhat the same way.

Most people on the forum leave the judging of whether applications are strong to the admissions faculties.

Most people on the forum leave the judging of whether applications are strong to the admissions faculties.
Mana, I understand the process really well. I am sorry if what I said offended you, because it feels a little like you are annoyed about my comment(s). I was only stating what I felt at the time. It's upsetting for most of us to not get in when we want to. So please don't kick someone when they are already down. A little empathy would help most of us who have lost the opportunity.

Mana, I understand the process really well. I am sorry if what I said offended you, because it feels a little like you are annoyed about my comment(s). I was only stating what I felt at the time. It's upsetting for most of us to not get in when we want to. So please don't kick someone when they are already down. A little empathy would help most of us who have lost the opportunity.

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. Rural 6.5 GPA, must just come down to our written applications- unfortunately we weren't good enough this time. There's always next year, keep your head up and don't let the condescending insensitivity of others get you down x

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. Rural 6.5 GPA, must just come down to our written applications- unfortunately we weren't good enough this time. There's always next year, keep your head up and don't let the condescending insensitivity of others get you down x

where there's a will there's a way :) thank you for your words x

Mana your response is extremely rude to this person. You should consider apologising as even the best of applicants get left out as there aren't enough places.

No, the best of applicants get in each year. Those who missed out performed worse in whatever selection criteria is set by the university (and are therefore not the best.)

Every year there are applicants who don't get places and having been on the other side of admissions there are many, many students who call up after interviews/offers go out claiming that they should have received a place/interview due to how strong their application was. Generally the reason that they didn't get one is because their application wasn't, in fact, strong, and the student is just expressing their self-entitlement.

Rissa11 - I don't mean to kick you while you're down, but if you want some honest advice - volunteering experience counts for only a very small proportion of any university's selection criteria for medicine, including JCU, so even if you've spent twenty years doing it, it probably won't count for any more than someone who has done a week of it - which may explain why your application wasn't as strong as you thought it was.

Back