Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Oral health to JCU Dent?

breachy

if someone's grade can get entry to UQ oral health, would it be high enough to gain entry to JCU Dent?

Can anyone who gain entry to JCU Dent share what grade/qualification you get in order to gain entry? Did you do anything special to increase your chance? are there any mature aged applicant who is accepted?

Please share.

Thanks

gulls

Victim of Procrastination
Emeritus Staff
This thread has been moved from Medicine JCU uni specific forum to Dentistry JCU uni specific forum.

miscer

JCU oral health? I thought they only offered dent

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Around 1,000 applicants for JCU dent apply each year.
You will be assessed on the following:
GPA + Application
I suggest you get the highest GPA possible, the min cut off is 5.75 but it appears they are taking people in with a 6 and higher.
Also if your a local or live in North QLD, you have an advantgae since they have first preference.You application is also very important, I cannot stress how much it means to write an amazing one.This was the same for CSU because out of 1,056 applicants they only interview 100 for 40 spots. So that just shows how important each piece of criteria is. JCU do not do interviews. But out of 1,000 applicants you need to make the top 60 to be considered.

@miscer, breachy was talking about UQ oral health :)

I studied at JCU for 2 years before being accepted into JCU Dental Surgery this year. My GPA last year was 5.6 and I was doing the Diploma of Health Science at JCU so that I could do prerequisites such as high school level maths B and chemistry (chemistry especially has helped a lot). I was then able to do some of the same subjects as the first year dentistry students which I have been credited for this year. A lady I spoke to at JCU said that you are unable to gain entry to Dental Surgery by doing the diploma, but I was still offered a place.

I had a reference for my application from my chemistry lecturer who also teaches dentistry students chem. (They do the subject CH1013, combined for most of the semester, with science students doing CH1011). It was probably the quality of my application which got me accepted into dentistry, so make sure you spend a fair amount of time on that as well as studying hard.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads