Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Quick Questions Thread #2: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey quick question,
I got an IB 40 (atar 98.25) I was wondering how realistic it would be to get into bond university for medicine with this score?
I see they advertise 97+ but i've heard that its not realistic to get in at this score, and was just wondering if this is truly the case.
Thank-you
ATAR counts only to get to the psychometric testing stage. From there progression to interview depends 100% on psychometric testing performance, and place offers are made 100% off interview performance.

With an ATAR of 98.25 you should comfortably receive an invite to the psychometric testing.

ATAR counts only to get to the psychometric testing stage. From there progression to interview depends 100% on psychometric testing performance, and place offers are made 100% off interview performance.

With an ATAR of 98.25 you should comfortably receive an invite to the psychometric testing.

Thank-you

Second Question,
Can anyone recommend some resources to help prepare for the psychometric testing done by bond?
Thank-you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank-you

Second Question,
Can anyone recommend some resources to help prepare for the psychometric testing done by bond?
Thank-you in advance

I don't believe there are any. And given the style of assessment, something that was useful for you, likely wouldn't be useful for someone else. The key is to be honest and don't overthink your responses. If you look in the Bond threads, there may be general posts about the assessment to give you a brief idea of what to expect.

I don't believe there are any. And given the style of assessment, something that was useful for you, likely wouldn't be useful for someone else. The key is to be honest and don't overthink your responses. If you look in the Bond threads, there may be general posts about the assessment to give you a brief idea of what to expect.
Thank-you ill have a look in those threads

Hope this doesn't breach the NDA, but how long is the Curtin interview? I'm guessing it's not that long (8 sessions of 6 minutes each, with 2 minutes reading time) since there were other bookings afterwards on the same day but could anyone give me a rough idea?

So I've accepted medical science @ WSU (but haven't enrolled yet). I'm still holding out hope for a WSU med offer in the second round, so I've placed that as my first preference. Should I therefore remove medical science from my preferences, given that I've already accepted the offer? Or is it okay to just leave it there but at a lower preference?

So I've accepted medical science @ WSU (but haven't enrolled yet). I'm still holding out hope for a WSU med offer in the second round, so I've placed that as my first preference. Should I therefore remove medical science from my preferences, given that I've already accepted the offer? Or is it okay to just leave it there but at a lower preference?

You can move it to a lower preference. Though, presumably, it was always below WSU Medicine? As long as it is below, you’ll remain able to receive a Med offer if you’re eligible.

You can move it to a lower preference. Though, presumably, it was always below WSU Medicine? As long as it is below, you’ll remain able to receive a Med offer if you’re eligible.
Oh yes, it was always below WSU med :lol: . Thanks for the clarification!!

I read that very recently so unfortunately I wasn't able to change my preferences or anything like that. I'm planning on changing up my preferences for this next round of offers so that, should I be unsuccessful with WSU, I end up with psychology or pharmacy instead. Thank you, though! :)

Hey guys, this is a weird question and it's been answered before, but I emailed JMP to ask about offers from the last round and I got this reply.

I have checked your application and it is not that you performed poorly on any aspect but that your selection rank (based on interview and UMAT) was below where we cut-off for offers for the available 170 places in the JMP. Please note that we interviewed just over 800 candidates in November / December.

I didn't think they included UMAT? i thought it was just a threshold?

Hey guys, this is a weird question and it's been answered before, but I emailed JMP to ask about offers from the last round and I got this reply.

I have checked your application and it is not that you performed poorly on any aspect but that your selection rank (based on interview and UMAT) was below where we cut-off for offers for the available 170 places in the JMP. Please note that we interviewed just over 800 candidates in November / December.

We believe it is a tie-breaker.

I'm on the "academic reserve list" for University of Western Australia (UWA). So I'm anxiously waiting to see if I get an interview invite.

If I do get a UWA invite, I'm in a bit of a problem.

As I'm also going to the JMP interview on the 23rd Jan (Wed) and UWA interviews are on the 24th Jan (Thur), the flight and the timings are going to be very tight.

1) To those that have a UWA interview on the 24th Jan (Thur),
a) What time is it?
b) Where's the location?
c) Do you get to pick other times? If so, what other times are still available?

2) Anyone else in the same boat with me?

Thanks in advance!

I'm grasping at straws here a little, I know, but would anyone by any chance know when the JMP Interstate offers come out? Would it be more likely to be January round 2 (25th of Jan), or February round 1 (7th of Feb)? It's just a little frustrating to think that - fingers crossed - if something miraculous comes in you'd have less than 2 weeks to make a move to the city and set yourself up.

I'm grasping at straws here a little, I know, but would anyone by any chance know when the JMP Interstate offers come out? Would it be more likely to be January round 2 (25th of Jan), or February round 1 (7th of Feb)? It's just a little frustrating to think that - fingers crossed - if something miraculous comes in you'd have less than 2 weeks to make a move to the city and set yourself up.

It doesn’t appear that they come out via a UAC round at all. IIRC, they come out via direct phone call from JMP and for the last couple of years it’s happened in early Feb.

Though things may happen differently this year.

Do you mind me asking who did you email?

[email protected]

They told me right now (what a quick reply) that "Applicants are ranked on their MSA score and sub-ranked on their UMAT 1 score" which is interesting? I thought my UMAT sect 1 score was decent (62) but oh well, that's how life is, hey?

I think this confirms the notion that UMAT S1 is used as a tiebreaker as I would interpret the above as something like this (numbers are examples only).

Interview Score/UMAT S1 Score
100/83
100/76
100/74
100/69
etc down to a possible low of 100/58

99/89
99/83
99/71
99/64
etc down to a possible low of 99/58

and so on for all interview scores.

JMP would then offer down that list. So it could be possible to miss out by having an interview score of, say 83, when the cut off is 84, OR by having an interview score of 84 and a UMAT S1 score of 62 when the interview+S1 cut off was 84/65.

Does that make sense at all??

Also, just speculation, but my interpretation of what JMP have provided to you.

I think this confirms the notion that UMAT S1 is used as a tiebreaker as I would interpret the above as something like this (numbers are examples only).

Interview Score/UMAT S1 Score
100/83
100/76
100/74
100/69
etc down to a possible low of 100/58

99/89
99/83
99/71
99/64
etc down to a possible low of 99/58

and so on for all interview scores.

JMP would then offer down that list. So it could be possible to miss out by having an interview score of, say 83, when the cut off is 84, OR by having an interview score of 84 and a UMAT S1 score of 62 when the interview+S1 cut off was 84/65.

Does that make sense at all??

Also, just speculation, but my interpretation of what JMP have provided to you.

That makes perfect sense actually! I just read their email and questioned myself, wondering whether they did include UMAT in a sneaky way but they're not that mean :) Thank you for explaining it to me!

Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to defer my interstate med offer (queensland) and then start a degree at unsw? Would that make my deferred offer void?

Hi, I was wondering whether it is possible to defer my interstate med offer (queensland) and then start a degree at unsw? Would that make my deferred offer void?
You definitely can’t do this for Griffith and UQ, but possibly can for JCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back