Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Undergrad] UMAT 2017 Results Discussion

Overall UMAT Score: 180
Section One: 63
Section Two: 58
Section Three: 59
Overall Percentile Rank: 91
Estimated ATAR: 98+
Preferred University: UQ, applied to Griffith, USYD, UNSW and Newcastle/Armidale too
Course Type: Medicine
Application type: School Leaver
State: NSW
Rural: RA2
Other Bonuses: up to 4 bonus points at UQ: Maths C and rural access scheme

Just wondering what my chances are of getting an offer an any of these uni's!

Don't know about USyd & Griffith for rural admission but UQ is a certainty for you.
Very high chances for UNSW. For JMP I think it much depends on the PQA/interview.

Hi, I have posted my results before but got one more question.
Overall UMAT Score: 195
Section One: 70
Section Two: 46
Section Three: 79
Overall Percentile Rank: 98
Estimated ATAR: 99.40-99.95 (predicted IB 44 to 45)
Preferred University: Anywhere in the country
Course Type: Medicine
State: QLD
Rural: none
Other Bonuses: 4 bonus points at UQ: LOTE and HL math

Question: Just wondering what are the unis I have a good chance of getting in (I know I'm already ineligible for Monash, Curtin or JMP bc of the 50/50/50 rule)

Hi, I have posted my results before but got one more question.
Overall UMAT Score: 195
Section One: 70
Section Two: 46
Section Three: 79
Overall Percentile Rank: 98
Estimated ATAR: 99.40-99.95 (predicted IB 44 to 45)
Preferred University: Anywhere in the country
Course Type:
Medicine
State: QLD
Rural: none
Other Bonuses:
4 bonus points at UQ: LOTE and HL math

Question: Just wondering what are the unis I have a good chance of getting in (I know I'm already ineligible for Monash, Curtin or JMP bc of the 50/50/50 rule)

Guaranteed provisional entry at UQ, Griffiths (if you get 99.85+), UMelb chancellor's program (99.90, full fee paying 99.00 - edited), and Flinders (99.85).

Interviews at UWA, UAdel, UNSW, Bond, and USyd (99.95).

JCU will depend on your written application.

No chance at JMP, WSU, Curtin, Monash, and UTAS because of your S2 score.

Last edited:
Guaranteed provisional entry at UQ, Griffiths (if you get 99.85+), UMelb chancellor's program (99.90, full fee paying 99.00 - edited), and Flinders (99.85).

Interviews at UWA, UAdel, UNSW, Bond, and USyd (99.95).

JCU will depend on your written application.

No chance at JMP, WSU, Curtin, Monash, and UTAS because of your S2 score.
Thanks a lot!!

Hi! I am stressing a bit about interview offers... Given that I have an ATAR of 99.90 and UMAT of 93% (59/62/62), what are my chances of getting an interview? I have started a degree, but withdrew like a week after census date, so technically I am a non-school leaver (I graduated high school in QLD in 2016). I have applied to JCU, WSU, UNSW, and JMP (as well as UTas and Flinders- but no interviews here!)

Hi! I am stressing a bit about interview offers... Given that I have an ATAR of 99.90 and UMAT of 93% (59/62/62), what are my chances of getting an interview? I have started a degree, but withdrew like a week after census date, so technically I am a non-school leaver (I graduated high school in QLD in 2016). I have applied to JCU, WSU, UNSW, and JMP (as well as UTas and Flinders- but no interviews here!)

I'd say extremely likely for UNSW if not certain. Congratulations :). For WSU, your UMAT S1 and S2 total sum is a tad below the threshold. If you're from GWS, you should be pretty confident to receive an interview offer. JCU - really likely depending on the quality of your written application.

with a section 1 score of 55 (55/60/57) do I have any chance for JMP..getting a bit worried
From what I know the bare minimum most years is a 59 on S1, I've never seen any lower offered an interview... Sorry!
I may be incorrect about this though. Also, depends if you're rural - if you are, you very likely will get a JMP interview with that S1 score.

I'd say extremely likely for UNSW if not certain. Congratulations :). For WSU, your UMAT S1 and S2 total sum is a tad below the threshold. If you're from GWS, you should be pretty confident to receive an interview offer. JCU - really likely depending on the quality of your written application.
Unfortunately, I’m from the Gold Coast, so I won’t qualify for GWS for UWS. But I just received an interview offer for JMP, so your reply to my message must’ve promoted the uni to email me! Thank you for answering :)

You got ATAR of 99.90 in 2016 and you are on the Gold Coast. Why didn't you study Griffith Med, or Flinders Med, or UMelb Chancellor's program (though need interview later)? Unbelievable that you "waste" a full year to try again ;)

Someone got an interview with S1:58 (non-rural), so the cutoff is 58?? JMP

Looks like it :D

ETA: I'm actually not surprised, as there was a bit of a shift with scores this year. For example, 183 raw last year was 92nd%ile, but this year was 93rd%ile.

Hi,
I have posted in here before but thought I would again. Bit anxious after today.
I took gap year after getting 97.00 and did the umat this year. I got only 61% but got a 50 in all three sections. I did not get an interview for Adelaide. Was wondering my chances with these three uni's: Monash, UQ and Flinders. I am from an RA3 region. Thanks!

Hi,
I have posted in here before but thought I would again. Bit anxious after today.
I took gap year after getting 97.00 and did the umat this year. I got only 61% but got a 50 in all three sections. I did not get an interview for Adelaide. Was wondering my chances with these three uni's: Monash, UQ and Flinders. I am from an RA3 region. Thanks!

Not sure about Flinders, but for Monash you might or might not have a chance (through applying for the Dean's Rural List - email came out two days ago). I know that for UQ rural entry, the UMAT cutoff is much lower (last yea it was 156:52 for overall:S1). However, your ATAR must be 99.00 minimum (though I don't know if it includes bonus points or whether your actual ATAR must be this.)

I know someone who got Adelaide Medicine and Dentistry interview with 178 raw (89 Umat). FYI!!!
Yeah, cutoff for Adelaide med is 172 raw/84th%ile this year (a tiny bit over 172/84th, but by decimal places - I got 172/84th and no offer while others with 172/84th got offers). It's gone down a lot, especially since they're doubling the number of Med interview offers based solely on UMAT.

Hi,
UQ is quite possible, since last year's UMAT cutoff for rural was 156 raw with a 52 in S1 as a tie breaker with no interview, unless you don't have bonus ranks to get to the 99 rank cut off. No clue about Flinders or Monash, sorry!

Back