JPM WSU/CSU JPM: Interview Invite Discussion

TEchi

Does anybody know if all the interview invites for interstate applicants have been sent out? Has anybody received rejection emails?

JL538

Monash University - BMedSc/MD I
Does anybody know if all the interview invites for interstate applicants have been sent out? Has anybody received rejection emails?
I haven't got an invite either (non-rural interstate) even though I think I have a decent UCAT - maybe wait till the end of tomorrow and see - also, Idk if they send rejection emails?

Jesus christ - 97th is not enough - is it usually this hard compared to previous years?
It's probably because of whatever formula they use, since they don't use percentiles or overall score. Idk I'm kinda bummed out, wasn't expecting a straight-up rejection from WSU :(

JL538

It's probably because of whatever formula they use, since they don't use percentiles or overall score. Idk I'm kinda bummed out, wasn't expecting a straight-up rejection from WSU :(
What was your VR score if you don't mind me asking - also yeah jesus I kinda had this one locked in because I got offer for JMP so I thought they were similar in standards
I've got the rejection email too :(
What was your percentile? I'm trying to investigate what the cutoff was.

What was your VR score if you don't mind me asking - also yeah jesus I kinda had this one locked in because I got offer for JMP so I thought they were similar
My VR was 700. Nah, WSU has their own formula, I think JMP just has a certain cut-off based on the scores of applicants.

What was your VR score if you don't mind me asking - also yeah jesus I kinda had this one locked in because I got offer for JMP so I thought they were similar in standards

What was your percentile? I'm trying to investigate what the cutoff was.
My VR is 700

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
Have JPM interview invites already been released for in-state students? It might be worth taking a look at those interview invites to see the kind of score necessary for an invite (assuming in-state and interstate applicants are treated the same).

JL538

Have JPM interview invites already been released for in-state students? It might be worth taking a look at those interview invites to see the kind of score necessary for an invite (assuming in-state and interstate applicants are treated the same).

In this thread we had a guy who had 99th percentile non-rural interstate get in - so I'm guessing 98th and above (with a proportional VR score for that percentile) or maybe 97th with an amazing VR - rest are rural applicants so can't really compare

Micky1234

My VR was 700. Nah, WSU has their own formula, I think JMP just has a certain cut-off based on the scores of applicants.
I had a similar score to this but I received an interview. I also don't qualify for any bonuses. What was your score according to the formula if you don't mind me asking? I'm just wondering if maybe your other sections brought you down or if the formula that was derived on this forum is potentially incorrect.

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member

In this thread we had a guy who had 99th percentile non-rural interstate get in - so I'm guessing 98th and above (with a proportional VR score for that percentile) or maybe 97th with an amazing VR - rest are rural applicants so can't really compare
I think WSU uses a formula to calculate your weighted UCAT score, you could probs drop to 90th percentile provided you have a 850+ VR score.

LMG!

MBBS IV
Administrator
I think WSU uses a formula to calculate your weighted UCAT score, you could probs drop to 90th percentile provided you have a 850+ VR score.

Yes, we saw this last year with someone who had 86th%ile but huge VR score. The overall %ile isn’t enough to gauge an individual’s competitiveness for JPM.

JL538

I had a similar score to this but I received an interview. I also don't qualify for any bonuses. What was your score according to the formula if you don't mind me asking? I'm just wondering if maybe your other sections brought you down or if the formula that was derived on this forum is potentially incorrect.
Yo just calculated my WSU score it was 745.8 what was yours?