Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Dentistry Entry Discussion and Questions

A1

Rookie Doc
Hi. Is anyone familiar with what type of teaching style UAdel does for dentistry?

If this is for interview prep see if you can find it in the uni Handbook. If it's not there the interviewers won't expect you have to find out from private sources.

Cal

vibe
Weird as in non-typical questions? Kinda worried because not sure how much I can get across in 15 minutes hahahah.
I will leave that up to your interpretation. But it just had a weird aurora about it you were in a sterile white room. But then again it was my first ever med/dent interview so it might not be that weird. Take what you will :)

miksavage

Has anyone had the UAdelaide dentistry interview? How did you guys find it?
Yes had it on Monday 25/11 and I agree with 'Cal Chuchesta' that it was indeed weird. lol There was a lot of waiting between signing in, then going to the upper floor then going to the actual interview rooms... pretty sure it's on purpose to test out who freaked out the most. ;) I think the pace of the interview varied depending on your interviewers, mine was quite fast paced, I had the more mature and experienced interviewers. I feel like they asked SO MANY questions, and I was answering at quite a speedy pace trying to get through them as quick as possible without compromising the quality of the answers, which I found hectic! XD lol Anyways, I had a brief chat with some of the other candidates after exiting the lift, and some also agreed to have also felt the time pressure, others were saying their interview was so chill? Good luck if you have one coming up! :D let us know how your experience was like

ucatsyd

Yes had it on Monday 25/11 and I agree with 'Cal Chuchesta' that it was indeed weird. lol There was a lot of waiting between signing in, then going to the upper floor then going to the actual interview rooms... pretty sure it's on purpose to test out who freaked out the most. ;) I think the pace of the interview varied depending on your interviewers, mine was quite fast paced, I had the more mature and experienced interviewers. I feel like they asked SO MANY questions, and I was answering at quite a speedy pace trying to get through them as quick as possible without compromising the quality of the answers, which I found hectic! XD lol Anyways, I had a brief chat with some of the other candidates after exiting the lift, and some also agreed to have also felt the time pressure, others were saying their interview was so chill? Good luck if you have one coming up! :D let us know how your experience was like

hahaha yep I just did mine and they made you go into 2 rooms before, and then to sit outside your interview room with an iPad- was really an interesting experience. However I found the 2 interviewers to be quite nice, especially the guy- made me just feel comfortable.
Good luck!!!

• Love
Reactions: Cal

MrWhippe

Are they actually strict to the 15 minute allocation? As in, they'll cut you off as soon as the 15 minutes are up?

I got an email from SATAC from the other day saying most course offers will be released on 20th December with some exceptions. Adelaide’s med/ dent isn’t on the list so should we assume we will find out on the 20th Dec? In previous years those courses were specifically excluded from the early December round

A1

Rookie Doc
I got an email from SATAC from the other day saying most course offers will be released on 20th December with some exceptions. Adelaide’s med/ dent isn’t on the list so should we assume we will find out on the 20th Dec? In previous years those courses were specifically excluded from the early December round

Previous years Adelaide MBBS Guide stated the offer date, which coincided with SATAC's first round in January. This year the Guide just refers to SATAC, and SATAC's FAQ says "the December 20 offer round is the first offer round that considers all preferences", meaning it's not an early-offers round. It looks to me 20-Dec is the equivalent of the usual first round January.

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast

Would you happened to be in the 11am time session? My experience was very similar, but I would assume that it would be for all candidates.

ponyswordz

UAdel BDS (2020-2024)
Valued Member
Would you happened to be in the 11am time session? My experience was very similar, but I would assume that it would be for all candidates.
Had mine in the 11am session with 7 people (including me). Might have seen you that day if you want to go into my dm's

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Just finished my dentistry interview this morning and it was an interesting experience to say the least, but I won't divulge into specifics, although I will say that the questions were quite straightforward.. The interviewers were really really nice though, I hope I have the same interviewers for my medicine interview :D Time passed really quickly, so before I knew it there was a knock on the door. Don't worry if you haven't got enough to say for a question, they've got a tonne of questions they can ask. Good luck to everyone else!

Cal

vibe
Just finished my dentistry interview this morning and it was an interesting experience to say the least, but I won't divulge into specifics, although I will say that the questions were quite straightforward.. The interviewers were really really nice though, I hope I have the same interviewers for my medicine interview :D Time passed really quickly, so before I knew it there was a knock on the door. Don't worry if you haven't got enough to say for a question, they've got a tonne of questions they can ask. Good luck to everyone else!
Howd you find the double room thingy; feels like they were purposely trying to break us mentally lmao.

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Howd you find the double room thingy; feels like they were purposely trying to break us mentally lmao.
Do you mean the double waiting room? Where we wait on the ground floor for a bit then get transported to another room upstairs before being called for an interview? I didn't pay much attention to it but I did notice how unusually fast the escalators are haha

Cal

vibe
Do you mean the double waiting room? Where we wait on the ground floor for a bit then get transported to another room upstairs before being called for an interview? I didn't pay much attention to it but I did notice how unusually fast the escalators are haha
yus; I also noticed that; but interestingly they made us leave by the stairs on the way out; anyways there seemed to be an unusual method to their madness.

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
yus; I also noticed that; but interestingly they made us leave by the stairs on the way out; anyways there seemed to be an unusual method to their madness.
Yeah that was interesting as well - my take on it would be so that it's not possible for us to give details to the students who are going upstairs on the escalators to their interview. They've designed the interview process so that it's a circuit that goes around the building, preventing us from contacting students at other stages in the process.