Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: General Entry Discussion

Hi
Does anyone know if we are supposed to finish our bridging course (for prerequisite) before to get an interview invite?
When I enquired (a few years ago now) you just had to be clearly enrolled in it. I think a current applicant has confirmed this remains the case for 2022 entry. The key is, JCU/QTAC need to know you are enrolled.

I was under the impression an interview wasn’t given to applicants unless the pre-req is met. Therefore you would need to pass the Chem course prior to interview invite. I am in the same boat. It Would be nice to know at first round interviews, but would they bother interviewing people who have not yet met the pre-req.

** Edit: Note for future years- I received first round offer despite needing to complete both Math
and Chemistry prerequisites (Enrolled at JCU for Nov). But I did not have any other results pending and final GPA was known.

Last edited:
Looks like things are moving along as my QTAC now says 'Yes - You submitted the required form' under application form. It has been sitting as Processing of this information has not commenced until now.

Given that nearly all non standards would get a 2nd round interview invite, would the interview box in QTAC be updated to 'Yes' or 'You have received an interview' this Friday 22nd November for first round interview invites or will it change closer or on the date of the 2nd round interview invite date which is like 23rd December?

Given that nearly all non standards would get a 2nd round interview invite, would the interview box in QTAC be updated to 'Yes' or 'You have received an interview' this Friday 22nd November for first round interview invites or will it change closer or on the date of the 2nd round interview invite date which is like 23rd December?
Why do non standards get second round?

Because by then we have a full time year of study which converts to a good selection rank. Whereas by the time first round invites come out, we have not complete a FTE which converts poorly to a selection rank which puts us out of the first round. This is defo true for 1st year uni students but I'm not sure for others

Because by then we have a full time year of study which converts to a good selection rank. Whereas by the time first round invites come out, we have not complete a FTE which converts poorly to a selection rank which puts us out of the first round. This is defo true for 1st year uni students but I'm not sure for others
Oh ok thank you! I’ve completed my degree so may be different 🤗❤️

They don't. The anecdotal reports keep getting twisted into this message.

Given the date for first round interview invites, many first year non-standards do not have a full year of tertiary studies completed on which the University can adequately assess their academic performance and, as a consequence, we often see first year non-standard applicants more likely to be invited to interview in the second round, once their full year of results is known. There is no disadvantage for offers in this, btw.

For non-standards who've completed multiple years of tertiary study, this is less of an issue/not an issue at all.

I don’t think that nearly all non standards get second round. Only those with <1FTE iirc? Not sure what proportion that would be, but I suspect there are a fair few applicants such as myself who have completed degrees and are in the workforce. If JCU/ QTAC are waiting on your uni results then your QTAC won’t update until they have your uni results.. presumably closer in date to 24th December?

To answer the original question: historically no. There have never been QTAC status changes prior to JCU releasing interview invites.

hey, does anyone from previous years have an idea of around what time approx the email is sent on Friday for first-round interview offers? is it sent at the same time for everyone or dispersed throughout the day? just don't want to mindlessly be refreshing my emails since the morning haha. also, even if you don't get an offer would you receive an email saying so??

hey, does anyone from previous years have an idea of around what time approx the email is sent on Friday for first-round interview offers? is it sent at the same time for everyone or dispersed throughout the day? just don't want to mindlessly be refreshing my emails since the morning haha. also, even if you don't get an offer would you receive an email saying so??
Just skip back through the thread to this time last year to get a idea of this.

Hi all, I’m just trying to see whether there’s any meaningful conclusions to be drawn in the JCU data collection this year. For perspective, I’m wondering if there’s anyone out there who didn’t get an invite and would be happy to share their ‘data’, particularly whether they applied for Med only, or Med and Dent, but also the other bits and pieces. Here’s a handy template.

No JCU Invite
Predicted ATAR/GPA:
Rural:
Application focus:
(Med only, or Med+Dent)
Volunteering: (yes/no)
Health industry employment:
(yes/no)
Other health related experience: (yes/no)

Good luck for second round invites! Be sure to update me if your ‘no invite’ status changes!! 😍

No JCU Invite
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 6.625 / 99.2
Rural: No
Application focus: Med only
Volunteering: yes
Health industry employment: yes
Other health related experience: yes

No JCU Invite
Predicted ATAR/GPA:
Rural:
No
Application focus:
Med only
Volunteering: yes
Health industry employment: no
Other health related experience: yes

No JCU Invite
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 7 (Completed degree)
Rural: No
Application focus: Med+Dent
Volunteering: yes- Minimal
Health industry employment: no
Other health related experience: yes- Science honours research degree

No JCU Invite
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 7.0 (completed degree)
Rural: No, but lots of connection to rural Aus that I referenced in the application.
Application focus: Med only
Volunteering: Yes, 3+ years in various organisations (healthcare and otherwise)
Health industry employment: Yes, healthcare researcher
Other health related experience: Yes- Science honours research degree, based in a hospital.

Back