• UCAT PREP COMPANY DISCUSSION: Site administrators have implemented a rule that states there is to be NO mention of UCAT prep companies. This includes discussion, recommendations, questions, and reviews, and extends to allusions, acronyms, and other other attempts to get around the rule. Offending content will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UPDATED Dentistry Schools Selection Criteria Y12s & Non-standards

sanchana

UPDATED (June, 2020). Dentistry Entry pathways table created by Dreamer and Cal. Thank you to both of them for their hard work and dedication to the cause! From LMG!

View attachment 3415
** note: prices quoted are for 2020 entry and are typically indexed to increase slightly each year. While these prices are a good guide, it's also goo to check individual university webpages for updated information for your year of hopeful entry.

Below table now outdated but remains for reference.

View attachment 2861
hi! I was just wondering if this is also applicable to international students?

Cal

vibe
Valued Member
As far as I know, I don't think so? many of the schools keep their international studen cut-offs and requirements quite hidden. But Generally they will require either the ICAT or MCAT I think? Not too sure tho, but I can say that these are not accurate for International students for 90% of cases at least.

VJC

Lurker
UPDATED (June, 2020). Dentistry Entry pathways table created by Dreamer and Cal. Thank you to both of them for their hard work and dedication to the cause! From LMG!

View attachment 3415
** note: prices quoted are for 2020 entry and are typically indexed to increase slightly each year. While these prices are a good guide, it's also goo to check individual university webpages for updated information for your year of hopeful entry.

Below table now outdated but remains for reference.

View attachment 2861

Useful Links:
UQ 2018 Entry Options (for GPA conversion to OP/ATAR):
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us all.. i certainly appreciate it very much!! Its also raised a bit of hope as i had narrowed my prospects to griffith being 100% ATAR focused (gpa 7 / rank 99 across a year FT study) however in the table it shows UMelb as n/a for GAMSAT/UCAT/Interview... have i interpreted this incorrectly, or is it guaranteed entry on completion of bbiomed with atar ~99 ? I have an undergrad in sport sci with not so good rank ~86 and am currently working towards 80CP in bbiomed with rank 99 gpa7. Can someone help clarify if there are more pathways w/o gamsat/ucat required (other than jcu)? Thanks so much in advance!!

tdnii

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us all.. i certainly appreciate it very much!! Its also raised a bit of hope as i had narrowed my prospects to griffith being 100% ATAR focused (gpa 7 / rank 99 across a year FT study) however in the table it shows UMelb as n/a for GAMSAT/UCAT/Interview... have i interpreted this incorrectly, or is it guaranteed entry on completion of bbiomed with atar ~99 ? I have an undergrad in sport sci with not so good rank ~86 and am currently working towards 80CP in bbiomed with rank 99 gpa7. Can someone help clarify if there are more pathways w/o gamsat/ucat required (other than jcu)? Thanks so much in advance!!
With an undergrad degree, I think you can only apply for Unimelb's Postgrad entry dental program which is based on your GPA and GAMSAT for interview.

Reactions: VJC

Unimelb has four pathways:

1) If you get 99.00+ ATAR and completes an undergraduate degree at Unimelb with a WAM of 75+, you're guaranteed a full-fee place. $77,152/year ($332,535 in total)

2) If you get 99.85+ ATAR, you can study Bachelor of Biomedicine/Doctor of Dental Surgery or Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Dental Surgery. It guarantees a CSP if you have a WAM of 80 or higher. (about $12000 a year)

3) If you get 99.90 + (Melbourne Chancellor's Scholars), you're guaranteed a place in dentistry with some scholarship payments.

4) There is also the traditional pathway which requires good GPA and GAMSAT. The cut-off for first round CSP places is around 6.5+GPA and 70+GAMSAT. The entrance scores are quite high because there are only 35 CSP places and no interview is required for dentistry at Unimelb.