UPDATED Dentistry Schools Selection Criteria Y12s & Non-standards

cocodreams

I think so yes. It also doesnt delay your graduation, or require the need for summer/winter/overloaded semesters in the future. Also, considering Griffith is also changing their requirements this year and we dont know the specifics, I would say just do full time study.
Thank you so much for your help and advice!

tksm

So I contacted UoA and they said that I have to do a min of 4 units throughout the year and whether I do 8 or 7 units throughout the year, it doesn't make a difference to my GPA. So isn't doing part time better for me because I'll be able to manage it better? Or the way I thought it was that doing 4 units means I have more units worth of marks and it'll mean that my GPA will be higher compared to doing 3 units. It doesn't work like that?
I am still a bit suss about it haha
With griffith (in terms of first year anyway), they will look at your best selection rank. Generally less than 8 completed units doesn't convert to anything super favourable. For me, I had 7 units of HDs completed which QTAC converts to 94.95. However, they gave me a selection rank of 99.0 (the guy didn't know where it came from but it was exact ATAR so I'm assuming that's what it was). My 8th unit was finalised and graded by mid-Jan so my uni selection rank was then re-graded by QTAC as 99.95 which was able to override my atar. I didn't end up getting an offer because of timing so yeah, for me, not having 8 completed units (although the circumstances were out of my control) was quite detrimental to my application. If you're looking to upgrade your ATAR then definitely do 8 units.

Also, just a remark on your second point - there are different conversions based on how much you have completed - usually less than 8 units turns out really unfavourably no matter what sort of marks you get. 7 HDs is 94.95, whereas 7 HDs and 1 fail (6.125GPA) converts to 98.25.
However, anything over 8 units makes for an "equal" conversion i.e. no bonuses for doing like 10 units compared to 8.

cocodreams

For Latrobe dentistry as a non standard student, can we transfer to it using GPA/WAM and UCAT if we are transferring from another uni?

kkkk

Lurker
Hey I want to apply to La Trobe d for dentistry, Im currently completing my HSC right now and i dont do Bio (i do chem and english) what do i have to complete inorder to undertake that course and how would that work

Unluckydude

Hey I want to apply to La Trobe d for dentistry, Im currently completing my HSC right now and i dont do Bio (i do chem and english) what do i have to complete inorder to undertake that course and how would that work
"Successful completion of Unilearn Biology (which must include online lab activities) with an overall grade of at least 60% satisfies the Biology prerequisite for this course. Applicants who complete this course must submit a copy of their Unilearn Statement of Achievement and transcript with their application. Refer to Unilearn Biology page for further information."

You should contact the uni directly to confirm this.

Tomato

Hey guys just dropping in to mention the UQ dent website has been updated to reflect atar requirements for undergrad
Hey, Yeezyboy, how many domestic students in your class? What was the UCAT cutoff for the 2021 entry? Are those international students doing online courses in their countries?

tdnii

Hey guys just dropping in to mention the UQ dent website has been updated to reflect atar requirements for undergrad
GPA 7 is only considered as atar 99 at UQ, for Non standard applicants, the chance of getting into UQ BDS is kind of impossible.

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast

rshaya

Lurker
UPDATED (June, 2020). Dentistry Entry pathways table created by Dreamer and Cal. Thank you to both of them for their hard work and dedication to the cause! From LMG!

View attachment 3415
** note: prices quoted are for 2020 entry and are typically indexed to increase slightly each year. While these prices are a good guide, it's also goo to check individual university webpages for updated information for your year of hopeful entry.

Below table now outdated but remains for reference.

View attachment 2861
**Note: CSU doesn't Require an English Prerequisite, just a typo Cal fix please from Cal

Useful Links:
UQ 2018 Entry Options (for GPA conversion to OP/ATAR):
Hello,
Would I be able to request you pm me... I needed some help in regards to universities and UCAT scores for dentistry and think you'd be best to ask. I am a 3rd-year Health sciences student at LTU and am sitting the UCAT this year.

Thank you.

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
DDest is not an active user anymore. Regardless, this chart was made by cal and dreamer.

What do you need? its better for everyone if non personal advice remains in public view