Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UTAS Entry 2016 - Non-Standard

ALG

Lurker
Hello Everyone,

According to MSO threads, UTAS had started making first round offers to non-standard applicants by the following dates in the last 3 years:

13 Dec 2014
6 Dec 2013
11 Dec 2012

Has any non-standard applicant heard from UTAS yet ?

13 Dec 2014
Just got an offer email now. Anyone else?

6 Dec 2013
Hey everyone,
Just posting to say that I have also received an unbonded offer.
I am a non-standard entry, having had completed a BSc (Hons) degree in Victoria.
UMAT: 94%tle
GPA: not sure how its calculated, but I had a 97% average over my last 2 years of uni
Good luck everyone :)

11 Dec 2012
Hi, I'm Ellen and have just received an offer for UTas Med next year, so will hopefully see you there...just got to work out accomodation and such...not sure what to do..college or living off campus? :unsure:
I have done 2 years of MedSci at USyd :)

eaions

Lurker
Can all those who got offers please post their atar/ GPA and UMAT score, as well as any special considerations they may have had (ie. rural)

ALG

Lurker
Can all those who got offers please post their atar/ GPA and UMAT score, as well as any special considerations they may have had (ie. rural)

Offer came out immediately after midnight, apparently fired off by an automatic system.

Wish good luck to all who are still waiting and hope to see you all at UTAS.

Offer Details:
CSP
ATAR:95.5
WAM: 78%
UMAT: 98%
Non-rural
Interstate

Kawaisaki

OMG did not expect an offer!

Offer: CSP
ATAR: 97.55
WAM: 81%
UMAT: 92%
Non-rural
Interstate

Any other fellow sydney-siders?

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Just curious, how many nonstandard spaces are there at UTAS? (Im actually a standard applicant.)

isaach

Hi everyone, I received an offer on Tuesday also.

Offer: bonded
Umat: 87%
GPA: 6.42
Non-rural
Interstate

Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer!

Best of luck to everyone nervously waiting - after at least 5 years trying both postgrad and undergrad I've finally got an offer...don't give up if it's really what you want!

Cheers, Isaac

mbkt07

congrats to all those who received offers
and congrats issach ive seen your name around various threads and the stress youve gone through so well done !

issach : i have very similar results to yours with a
GPA of 6.4 and a umat of 86% . would you be able to post your individual section scores as i have a feeling that my section 1 has let me down

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
congrats to all those who received offers
and congrats issach ive seen your name around various threads and the stress youve gone through so well done !

issach : i have very similar results to yours with a
GPA of 6.4 and a umat of 86% . would you be able to post your individual section scores as i have a feeling that my section 1 has let me down
Whats your s1 score?

isaach

Thanks @mbkt07 my sections were 51/74/52 and overall 177

I'm lucky that s2 is my strong section...I thought my s1 would be a weakness but apparently not. If you got over 50 it shouldn't matter...and over maybe 60/65 in s2???

Best of luck!

mbkt07

I'm the opposite 67 for s1 but fucked up s2... 54.....
Seeing that Isaach received a first round offer with a umat of 87% there's still hope last year I don't think I saw it dip below 90 even in late rounds

Ps supposedly if you don't fit the 50/60/45 criteria you won't be offered first round but will be offered second round if there are any vacancies

Do-Not-Use

Ps supposedly if you don't fit the 50/60/45 criteria you won't be offered first round but will be offered second round if there are any vacancies

FWIW part of email I received from UTAS

=======
I can confirm that UTAS does not apply a cut-off score for UMAT sections. We look at your performance in each section of the UMAT as well as your overall score.

Information in online forums is often based on hearsay and from what I have read of it is often very inaccurate or out of date.
=======

Reactions: MD

MD

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Seeing that Isaach received a first round offer with a umat of 87% there's still hope last year I don't think I saw it dip below 90 even in late rounds

I'm a standard applicant tho- so it might be different for me, different quotas and cut offs I think? But someone on here said they spoke to admissions and they said the 60 s2 isn't actual.. Also the guy said pool of applicants is less competitive this year. (I think he was talking about standard) Do you know if standard will be easier than non standard?