Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UTAS UTAS Medicine: General Discussion

Police check is national (not state) and done entirely online from memory, so nope, no need to do that in a hurry. That said, it’s also super easy to do so if you’re twidling your thumbs on holidays then... :)

The vaccinations situation is probably something easier to start (at least) at home, especially if you have a regular GP with all your history recorded, etc, and doubly especially if your home GP bulk bills because it’s hard to get into one here. The immunisation record is online (I’ve linked it here somewhere, oh, in the outline thread, I think), though they’ve probably also sent you a link to it.

It’s a very specific form and it needs to be filled in properly or they’ll make you do it again (for example, see: me!). Each individual item needs to be signed off by the GP, not just the final declaration at the end. Dates, batch numbers, serology results... all must be recorded. The form itself doesn’t need to be complete immediately. The hep B vaccine (if you’ve never had it before) takes about 6 months for the 3 injection course. You also have to have HIV screening. It’s all pretty straight forward, but can be a pain in the ass, particularly if you have all your vaccines, don’t sero-convert them, and have to start again (again, see: me!). For hep B, you just have to show that you’ve at least started the course of injections in order to be approved to attend placement days (of which there are 4 in year 1, all in semester 2).

The placement coordinators (who work UTAS-wide, not just for Med, and are - necessarily - sticklers) will continually chase you up. If you’ve not completed the necessary compliance checks by the cut-off, they’ll withhold your results until you do it (inc. from memory, one lot of exam results).

TL;DR: do the police check now, it’s a piece of cake. Hold onto it until o week and they’ll explain what you need to do with it (it has to be sighted but not scanned in). Get the vaccine process started because although it’s easy, it can be annoying! Just make sure you get the form filled out correctly!

Thanks for the info. As expected its better to do it before we arrive in Hobart.

The only unit you need to enrol in is CAM101, there are no individual units, it's one one single unit for the whole semester. I recall when I enrolled last year, CAM102 (the semester 2 unit) as well as CAM201 an CAM202 (the second year units) were also available for enrolment. Have you clicked on the More Details tab?

I'll quickly log into eStudent, too. Gimme a sec.

ETA: Because I'm already enrolled, it looks different to yours so I can't compare, sorry.
yeah i clicked the more details tab but to no avail, i'll just call on monday

Hey! I'm keen, I'm just a bit flooded for the next few weeks with Chemistry foundation course. I won't be available for the dates of the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th because of exams and labs :(

I think Orientation starts on the 20th so maybe we could aim for the weekend before or something? Or the few days beforehand? What does everyone think? The fountain sounds like a great idea. I haven't been down there for yonks!!

Hey I just want to confirm I've enrolled in the right courses - CAM101 and CAM102 - Foundations of Medicine 1 and 2? Is this all I need to enrol in for Year 1?

That's all that came up for me also.

Hey I just want to confirm I've enrolled in the right courses - CAM101 and CAM102 - Foundations of Medicine 1 and 2? Is this all I need to enrol in for Year 1?

That's all that came up for me also.

Yep, you have both enrolled correctly if you're in CAM101 and CAM102 :D That's all you need to do. Your timetable will be released on MyLO, you don't have to select anything, it'll all just happen.

Yep, you have both enrolled correctly if you're in CAM101 and CAM102 :D That's all you need to do. Your timetable will be released on MyLO, you don't have to select anything, it'll all just happen.

Now the bonded paperwork arrives...

Hey umatsitter, have you decided which university you are going to attend?

Hey, did you get the bonded paperwork via email or post today? I haven’t received mine yet and was just wondering whether to contact UTAS . Is there lots of documents?

Hi, It came via email this morning. It was a bundle of documents with the BMP application form and the Deed and some info docs. It surprisingly stated the application had to be completed within 3 weeks of the offer of a place....which is past if you got the offer in November as I did.

But another email came shortly after correcting the date to early Feb. so perhaps they held up further BMP emails in order to correct the application info.

Might still be worth you contacting the UTas BMP team though to see if you will receive your documents soon. But check your junk email folder first.

Hi, It came via email this morning. It was a bundle of documents with the BMP application form and the Deed and some info docs. It surprisingly stated the application had to be completed within 3 weeks of the offer of a place....which is past if you got the offer in November as I did.

But another email came shortly after correcting the date to early Feb. so perhaps they held up further BMP emails in order to correct the application info.

Might still be worth you contacting the UTas BMP team though to see if you will receive your documents soon. But check your junk email folder first.

Oh that’s really interesting. Did you receive it via personal email or your UTAS email? I’m kinda getting worried about it now idk why. And my offer didn’t come until early Jan so again idk. Would you happen to know the contacts of the UTAS BMP team?

Oh that’s really interesting. Did you receive it via personal email or your UTAS email? I’m kinda getting worried about it now idk why. And my offer didn’t come until early Jan so again idk. Would you happen to know the contacts of the UTAS BMP team?

I wouldn't worry to much, I think it will still be coming to you. Have you enrolled? I received it through personal email the day after enrolling. I haven't looked to see if there is a copy on the UTas email. My offer was one of the very early ones back in mid November as a rural applicant - so they may just be doing them in batches. I'm not sure if you are rural or not but that could be why some were received earlier than others. If you have enrolled, then you shouldn't have to worry as you are clearly in the system. The follow up email regarding the BMP application date correction (corrected to 4th of Feb) came shortly after the original documents, so they may also be correcting the email details before sending out any further emails. The last email came from a Cate Rejman.

I wouldn't worry to much, I think it will still be coming to you. Have you enrolled? I received it through personal email the day after enrolling. I haven't looked to see if there is a copy on the UTas email. My offer was one of the very early ones back in mid November as a rural applicant - so they may just be doing them in batches. I'm not sure if you are rural or not but that could be why some were received earlier than others. If you have enrolled, then you shouldn't have to worry as you are clearly in the system. The follow up email regarding the BMP application date correction (corrected to 4th of Feb) came shortly after the original documents, so they may also be correcting the email details before sending out any further emails. The last email came from a Cate Rejman.
Hi, yes I enrolled almost two weeks ago now and i'm rural (tassie local). I would be correctly enrolled if my name appears on the MyLO class list right in the 'groups' section? And sorry for bombarding you with questions. I have just emailed a few of the med contacts that have emailed me about other stuff, so hopefully I get a reply soon. Thanks :)

Hi, yes I enrolled almost two weeks ago now and i'm rural (tassie local). I would be correctly enrolled if my name appears on the MyLO class list right in the 'groups' section? And sorry for bombarding you with questions. I have just emailed a few of the med contacts that have emailed me about other stuff, so hopefully I get a reply soon. Thanks :)

Yes, you certainly sound enrolled :)
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Plus there is plenty of time for you to complete any paperwork for BMP. Are you sure you are bonded?

There is a chance you have been upgraded to CSP, too. So it’s definitely not automatically bad news :)

There is a chance you have been upgraded to CSP, too. So it’s definitely not automatically bad news :)

Yup, that's what I was hinting at LMG - good luck MSlovescats. Wish it were me, too! :)
But I have to move to Queensland for that. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a text message saying my Personal Development Portfolio (PDP) was overdue, but I'm camping at the moment.. I don't really know what it is and how urgent it is :O

The PDP is a document that was sent out last week that has some interview questions about yourself and your goals for the year etc. It was sent to your UTAS email I presume as it was sent to mine. Sent from "Anne Barker". It was due on Monday the 21st. I'm sure if you explain you were away and will get to it ASAP they'll be fine with it :)

The PDP is a document that was sent out last week that has some interview questions about yourself and your goals for the year etc. It was sent to your UTAS email I presume as it was sent to mine. Sent from "Anne Barker". It was due on Monday the 21st. I'm sure if you explain you were away and will get to it ASAP they'll be fine with it :)
Is this a rural student thing? Because I've heard nothing about this

I'm rural and I never received it either.

I remember having to do it last year. Have you logged into MyLO? Don’t worry about the due date, there will still be people getting offers so it’s not like the date is hard and fast. But you will definitely have to do it. It is very, very straight forward and is not marked. It is a hurdle requirement and forms the basis of a one on one meeting you’ll have with a student support representative in the first couple of weeks.

Back