Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions: 2022 Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyHeadee

Where did you get the info re. those interview invites with percentiles into the 30s? Lowest reported here was 59th (at last check), and for offer was 2590 or similar (not sure of percentile). If nothing to add, I’d leave it but definitely not count on it.
2590 = 60%ile for 2020

Nonstandard983

UoN JMP II
MSOer of the Year 2021
I'm RA5 I think, just really puzzled. The other applicants got their interview invites in December, so does this mean they would have got rejection letters like me and then got an interview over a month later?

I don't have anything else to add so may as well just leave it, but just wondering if others got told 'no' and then got an interview way later?
Can I ask when you got this email too I am rural RA5 but haven't received any correspondence whatsoever from UNSW

MsMedGirl

Where did you get the info re. those interview invites with percentiles into the 30s? Lowest reported here was 59th (at last check), and for offer was 2590 or similar (not sure of percentile). If nothing to add, I’d leave it but definitely not count on it.

Well this is utterly embarrassing, I totally forgot UNSW is NOT part of JPM lol :c

That's where I was getting the scores from, JPM applicants, and that's why I was confused lol. I'm so sorry! xD

At least I can calm down now and realize my best hope wasn't just dashed.... Yet. xD

A1

Rookie Doc
Can I ask when you got this email too I am rural RA5 but haven't received any correspondence whatsoever from UNSW
I think you'd only receive this email if your UCAT is below 50th%ile

> Selection For Interview | Medicine - UNSW Sydney
"There is no minimum UCAT ANZ requirement, but it is expected that applicants must reach the 50th percentile to proceed to the interview stage of the application process."

Scrivo_72

The Humerus 2021
UNSW incorporate degree of rurality into their calculation. If those applicants were, say RA4 equivalent and you are RA2, that could be the difference? Correspondence from UNSW on this topic is usually quite useful/accurate. For example, the year I applied I got an email saying my combo of scores meant I had a 5% chance of offer and did I still want to attend an interview. I didn’t because I was fortunate to have three other offers by then and it would have meant flying to NSW for a 5% chance. UNSW are the only uni I recall that provide this advice, so, unfortunately it probably is accurate but you could contact them to check. If you don’t have other UAC preferences you’d be interested in adding you could always just leave it.

ETA: the lowest we had reported here to MSO last year was 56th.
UNSW uses RRMA, there saying they are RA5 probably means they are RRMA5. Massive difference between RRMA5 (small rural town) and RA5 (very remote town) haha,

jazzy31

The ATAR thing is outside of Adelaide's control because they come out after interviews. UCAT, though, they can control. 91-92%ile was still fair grounds to get an offer provided your ATAR or interview was stellar, but I don't think the same can be said for 70%ile UCAT scores. It's interesting to see that even though Adelaide flipped their interview process on its head last year, the ATAR+UCAT combos of those who got an offer barely changed - very, very few people below 90%ile UCAT got an offer.
I completely agree…not aware of anyone who had a ucat below 90 that got an offer even though their UCAT may have been accompanied by an extremely high ATAR .. and that seems consistent with what was posted on MSO … must have been very few

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
UNSW uses RRMA, there saying they are RA5 probably means they are RRMA5. Massive difference between RRMA5 (small rural town) and RA5 (very remote town) haha,
Nah, actual answer to the discrepancy was they just got the unis mixed up :D

lamplight

Lurker
Just got an email from UNSW saying:

"Interviews will commence on the day of ATAR release (20 January 2022). Students competitive for an interview will be notified via email by 10am on 20 January 2022"

Is it standard procedure for UNSW to have such short notice or is it particular to this year?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Just got an email from UNSW saying:

"Interviews will commence on the day of ATAR release (20 January 2022). Students competitive for an interview will be notified via email by 10am on 20 January 2022"

Is it standard procedure for UNSW to have such short notice or is it particular to this year?
No, it's to do with delayed ATAR release. Some further discussion here: Admissions Centres Preferencing: General Discussion

JeydinNewWon

JPM have advertised 'late October' for invite release for a while now. The assumption here at MSO from desperately awaiting prospective med-students is that it'll be tomorrow because Monday is November.
I mean it's what is said on their calendar but don't GWS get their invites a bit later (like last year)? I think Purplefolly sent them a message today and they said they will also be rolling out invites across next week too.

Beepbop

I mean it's what is said on their calendar but don't GWS get their invites a bit later (like last year)? I think Purplefolly sent them a message today and they said they will also be rolling out invites across next week too.
Yeah but I suspect there will be less invites getting rolled out later, because everyone will be interviewing everywhere because the interviews are on zoom. No one is gonna be turning down invites because of issues that don't allow them to travel, or coming on here, seeing they're right at the bottom of the UCAT score range and deciding they don't want to spend the money to fly because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.