Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Offers UTAS 2017 (Discussion)

UTAS offer notified by email
standard
unbonded
atar : est 96 (dependent on achieving 95 per letter and successful in Chem and English)
umat 96% (65,63,62)
applied through Rural (RA2 - 1 block from border of RA3)(15 years of rural including RA4)
Vic applicant
(parents reside Tassie)

Last edited:
Congratulations! Must have been such a nice feeling waking up with this :D But didn't know UTAS offers came out this early??

Yes absolutely exciting. Very surprised also as results arent out for year 12. Surprised but incredibly grateful. Thanks and good luck !

Congrats, Jack and Mary!

Did you both get notification via email? Or phone call? Or some other means?

I'm a non-standard applicant and have heard on the grapevine that we are effectively 'the last to know' so not expecting anything yet, but will probably now ramp up my manic email checking!!

Congrats again!! Hope to see you there next year :)

Hey LMG via email :) Good Luck :)

One more question (sorry!); did you complete a rural application pathway submission? I'm guessing you did, but just double checking.

ETA: Ignore this! You already answered it.

Last edited:
Congratulations! So amazing to receive an offer, and so early!

Interesting both offers are for rural interstate, perhaps non-rural interstates will be next? Haha I can only dream!

The UTas applicant portal is saying the application section will be offline Thursday December 1st from 9:30-11:30 am for a scheduled 'upgrade' - might have something to do with further offer releases?

Hey Guys,

I'm a non-standard so not expecting to hear anything until next month (if I do at all :confused:).
However, after seeing your posts this morning I logged onto the UTAS application wizard and under the 'Update Contact Details' tab, where I had previously ticked that 'NO' I was currently or had previously studied at UTAS, this box is now ticked as 'YES' and a student number is listed. Should I read into this at all? :yes:

Has this happened to your application/s Jack and/or Mary? BIG CONGRATS GUYS!!

Hey Guys,

I'm a non-standard so not expecting to hear anything until next month (if I do at all :confused:).
However, after seeing your posts this morning I logged onto the UTAS application wizard and under the 'Update Contact Details' tab, where I had previously ticked that 'NO' I was currently or had previously studied at UTAS, this box is now ticked as 'YES' and a student number is listed. Should I read into this at all? :yes:

Wow that's pretty interesting. Strange because I'd usually assume they wouldn't issue a student number until an offer has actually been accepted. Checked my account and the box is still 'no'. Are you rural? Interstate?

Hey Guys,

My box is also now ticked as "yes" and a student number is also listed.
I'm non-standard, interstate (NSW) and non-rural.

Last edited:
Can confirm that my profile has changed so that I am currently studying at utas and I've been issued a 6-digit student number... no word from the univeristy itself though. Non-standard, non-rural, interstate.
Might give them a call.

Hey guys! I haven't received an official offer letter yet but using the 'update contact details' method, I also have been ticked and given a student number.

Also please post offers in the following format:

University: UTAS
Offer: Maybe (cause above)
Applicant Type: Non-standard (non-school leaver)
Interstate: Yes
ATAR/GPA: 6.8
UMAT: 193 97th %ill 63/77/53
Rural: No (but list RA2 etc. if yes)

The plot thickens. Were both your student numbers in the 450000's?

Might give them a call.
I was also planning on calling them but they may very well get annoyed if they start getting bulk phone calls. Could you please let me know how you get on dimsimsi? Or if you would rather I call them.

The plot thickens. Were both your student numbers in the 450000's?

I was also planning on calling them but they may very well get annoyed if they start getting bulk phone calls. Could you please let me know how you get on dimsimsi? Or if you would rather I call them.

Nah, my student number starts with 388.

Back